chapter twenty one

TRIGGER WARNING!!: anxiety/panic attack

<tuesday march 16 2021 2:27 PM>

"you guys ready?" your dad calls as tommy grabs the beach bag with towels and sitting on the foot of your bed where you, tommy, tubbo and jake are all relaxing on your bed watching television.

"coming!" you call back as all four of you meet your dad in the entryway. "got everything?"

"yep," tommy and tubbo reply in sync.

"alright kids, let's go," your dad says, closing the door. the car ride is a short one, your dad dropping you all off at a beach about three miles away. the boardwalk bustling with people on this chilly late winter day. the wind blast freezing air through your hair as you admire the beautiful ocean in front of you. "make sure you all look out for each other, understand?" your dad asks as he rests his foot on the brake, waiting for a response in order to drive away.

"yes sir," tommy replies, wrapping his arm around your shoulder affectionately.

you all step out of the car, your dad sending all four of you a brief wave before pressing his foot on the gas and driving away. the sun sat pretty high up in the sky emitting heat that the cold air around you won't allow you to feel. you know it will make its way down towards the horizon in a few hours, eager to sit and admire the sunset tonight with tommy, sitting on the cool sand.

"i'm assuming you two have never been here before, no?" tubbo asks you and jake, bringing your focus back to the present.

"nope," you reply, feeling tommy grab your right hand quickly and pulling you towards the boardwalk entrance. "woah, tommy. where are we going?" you giggle in surprise.

"you can't come here without going to the carnival," he smiles at you cheekily.

your eyes slowly pan up from tommy's smile and your sight is met with rollercoasters, rigged carnival games, snack and drink stands, and a beautiful, beautiful ferris wheel that's visible from at least a mile or two away. it baffles you how you didn't notice it before, its size and lights could never be deemed unnoticeable.

tommy pulls harder on your arm, the two of you sprinting towards the roller coaster without a second thought, joining the short line in front of it.

after a minute or two, jake and tubbo finally catch up and meet you and tommy on line. "the next time you two plan on running at full speed, a warning would be nice," tubbo pants, hunched over, resting his hands on his bent knees.

"yeah," jake adds out of breath, "i don't know if you could tell," he points between himself and tubbo, "we're out of shape."

"heyyy," tubbo responds, offended, "i was just unprepared."

"it's alright big man," tommy wraps his arm playfully around tubbo's shoulder, the height difference making you giggle, knowing that tubbo is older than tommy.

the four of you make your way further up to the front of the line, walking on to the platform where the roller coaster sits patiently in front of you. tommy immediately gets in the front row, sliding into his seat like an eager toddler, jake and tubbo sliding into the seats one compartment behind tommy. you walk closer to the seat compartment when a realization that you have subconsciously been suppressing overwhelms every inch of your body as you croak out quietly, "i hate roller coasters."

"what?" tommy asks, turning his head towards you and shoots you a concerned look.

"what was that y/n?" tubbo asks.

"oh my gosh, i can't believe i forgot," jake shakes his head worrisomely.

"what? what's wrong?" tommy questions insistently, rotating in his seat to face jake and tubbo.

a worker taps your shoulder a mist your head spinning and heart racing, barely grabbing your attention. "i'm sorry, but i'm gonna need you to get in or get out of the way." her body swirls out of proportion in front of you as you see a distorted arm wave semi-angrily at the long line of people awaiting the ride that seemed to have appeared out of thin air. "hellooo?"

"y/n? y/n!" you hear tommy holler as your vision starts to fall apart like a puzzle being torn apart. the faint screams and giggles originating from the rides turn into loud bells ringing in your ear as everything around you all fades to black.

a/n: hey y'all!! i'm back 😎super sorry for being so inactive i haven't had any motivation but here i am :) i hope u guys enjoy