I'll Always Protect You (🧡)

Summary: Newt comes out to his parents and they don't take it very well.

Where: Real-world/AU

TW: Abuse, homophobic slurs

----

Newt's POV

I wring out my hands, stumbling downstairs and into the living room. Mum looked up and smiled a little, pausing her show on the television. "Hey, love. Everything alright?"

I offered her a weak smile, running my fingers through my hair to distract myself. "Y-yeah, um, where's Dad?"

"He should be home soon, went-"

The older woman was cut off by the sound of the door swinging open and crashing into the already dented wall, then slammed shut. Newt's father burped loudly and wandered into the room with a bottle of alcohol in his hand.

Mum sighed, but she didn't look surprised. "Dear, come sit. Newton wants to tell us something."

I cringed at her using my whole name, but let it slide as there were more important things. Dad plopped down on the couch and looked at me with a look of disgust.

"Well?" He barked, the word slurring. "Spit it out!"

"Uh-" I started, putting all my weight on my good leg. "I-I'm gay."

Dad paused, lowering the bottle from his mouth and clutching it tightly in his hand. I cowered away, practically feeling the anger radiating off him.

"You're what?" He seethed, glaring at me. Before I could answer again, the palm of his hand connected with my cheek, and his foot shot out to trip me.

I yelped, clutching my bad leg when the pain went up in spikes. He yelled nasty slurs and punched, kicked, did whatever he had to do to cause me pain. Tears started to pool in my eyes and soon tumbled rapidly down my red cheeks.

"P-please, s-stop," I cried. Dad glared at me. "You're no son of mine." And left the room with one more kick to my side with my Mum hot on his tail.

I laid there curled into a ball with tears streaming down my cheeks. My whole body ached and groaned in protest when I tried to move. Eventually, the pain became too much and I passed out then and there.

-----

Thomas POV

"Hey mom," I smiled, sitting down on the couch next to her. Mom smiled back. "Hi Tom, going to see Newt soon?"

"Yeah." I was very aware that I must look like a lovestruck idiot, but Mom only smiled fondly at me. "You two are so cute together, I hope it goes okay."

Newt and I were supposed to hang out today, but he hasn't answered any of my messages. As time went on I got more and more worried about him.

"Mom, I'm going to go check on Newt. He isn't responding." Mom shot me a worried glance. She probably loved Newt more than me, being completely honest.

"Okay hun, just be careful alright?"

I nodded and kissed her cheek then grabbed my keys and went out to my car.

I drove the short ten-minute drive to Newt's house and quickly walked up to the front door. Using my key, I unlocked the door and went in, my heart beating quickly because of how nervous I was.

"Newt-" I started to call out but stopped in my tracks when I saw his unconscious form laying on the ground. "Newt!" I started to panic but scooped him up in my arms and held him close to me. His small figure was littered in bruises, plus spots of dried blood as well. "Oh baby," I murmured, urging myself not to cry. It wasn't the time.

I left the house and carefully set Newt down in the passenger seat. He murmured something quietly, but I couldn't make out what it was.

I hopped in the driver's side and pulled out of the driveway, taking Newt's hand in my own. I threaded our fingers together and gently brought them to my mouth, pressing a tender kiss there.

When we got back to my own house I got out of the car and took Newt in my arms. I walked inside and quickly rushed over to the couch to place him down.

After explaining what happened to Mom she grabbed the first aid kit and tended to his bruises and cuts. There wasn't much she could do since they'd heal on their own, but she cleaned them anyway.

-----

Third Person POV

Thomas laid in bed with Newt next to him, tucked under the covers. He still hasn't woken up yet. Thomas gently played with his soft golden blond hair while scrolling through Instagram midlessly.

Soon, Newt stirred, letting out a groan of pain. "I feel like I've been hit by a bloody train three times."

Thomas' head snapped to him. He quickly shut off his phone and tossed it to the end of the bed. Thomas turned to Newt, who had his eyes squeezed shut. 

"You okay, Newtie?"

Newt's eyes shot open (though he seemed to be sporting a nice headache so that most likely was regretted). "Tommy? But-"

"You didn't answer my texts, so I went to your house. Found you-" Thomas couldn't finish his sentence, it hurt too much, but by the way Newt's mood immediately tumbled downhill he knew the boy got what he meant.

Thomas brought the boy into his lap and hugged him, being careful of his sores. Newt buried his face in Thomas's shoulder and started to cry, his body wracking with sobs.

"T-they don't accept me, T-Tommy." 

It took a while, but Newt eventually calmed down and pulled away a little to wipe his bloodshot eyes. "Sorry," he mumbled, embarrassed.

"Don't be sorry, beautiful." Thomas didn't mean to let the pet name escape but moved on like it didn't happen. "You know you can stay here. Think Mom loves you more than she loves me, which isn't saying much since I'm a complete pain in the ass but you're hard not to love, I mean who can turn away from your adorable face? And-"

Thomas got cut off by one of the prettiest sounds he ever heard. Newt giggled and tried to hide it behind his hand. "You're rambling Tommy."

The brunet smiled sheepishly, blushing. His whole world felt like it was spinning- and not in the 'I'm gonna pass out' way.

Newt watched him with a soft smile, noticing that he was in deep thought for who knows why.

The blond boy couldn't explain why, or what exactly urged him to do it, but before he knew it his lips were pressed to Thomas'. Thomas gasped, his hand flying to cup Newt's face carefully. With his thumbs caressing his cheek gently, Thomas kissed back and melted into the kiss.

Eventually, they pulled away when air became a problem. Newt rested his forehead against Thomas' panting ever so slightly.

Thomas thought he looked stunning, with flushed cheeks and messy hair. Though despite that his eyes radiated happiness and he grinned cheerfully.

"You're so cute," Thomas laughed, squeezing his hips lightly and pulling him impossibly closer.

The two fell asleep tangled in each other's arms, and later found by Thomas' mother who smirked knowingly and made sure to snap a photo of them before leaving them to their peace.