Chapter 3

17 Days Later

Lia

Everything hurt.

How long was I asleep?

I tried to move. Nothing. I tried again...and again. Still nothing.

I couldn't control my body. It was like being frozen in a block of ice.

I was conscious yet I was stuck in an unconscious body. Feeling trap in ice while my insides were on fire.

What was happening me?

My breath fastened.

Maybe if I only try to open my eyes?

And yet again, my eyelids felt so heavy.

Suddenly, I heard muffled voices around me. Hope arose in me. Maybe they could help me? Maybe they could do something?

I couldn't move my mouth neither.

"Help me," I screamed inside my head with all the strength I got. Nothing came out.

I couldn't hear them properly, however it got more and more distinctive as seconds went by.

But who were these people? Where was I? My heart was pulsing inside my head, faster and faster.

I needed to see them. I focus as much as I could. It took everything I had left to finally managed to open my eyes.

As soon as I did, the brightness assaulted me. I couldn't stop blinking, trying to adjust to the light.

" She is awake," said a feminine voice. The first I could hear clearly.

" Help me," I screamed again. " Please,"

People came closer, hovering over me. Every touch of them hurting me. My heartbeat fastened. My head started spinning. I need help. But not like that.

" Please stop,"

Through my blurred vision, I was capable to distinguish my surrenders. Fear caught my breath.

I was in an hospital bed.

What happened to me?

I was in an hospital bed.

What happened to me?

Then, I had that one thought. The one who sent me into a panic frenzy. The most important one. The one I should have been able to answer.

Who am I?

My heart rushed, my mind burned, my body hurt. The voices that spoke to me earlier were now distant murmurs again. The only thing I could do was scream until the pain of a needle shot through my shattered body sent me into the darkness again.

-
No one's POV:

Mr and Mrs Choi were waiting in the hallway sitting on chairs that were way too uncomfortable for the number of hours they spent sitting on them. Waiting and waiting. An update after the other.

But now, their daughter was finally out of the coma.

"I'll try to say this as simple as I can," gently said the now familiar doctor standing in front of them. "Lia has no memories of anything that happened in her life, neither does she recognizes people she knew. In other terms, she is amnesic. The good thing is that she is lucid. She has, however, some trouble talking but with time and a good speech coach, it will be fine. Her mental capacity wasn't affected by the accident thankfully. "

He paused, letting the information sink in, trying to be gentle with them. However, Mr Choi asked immediately "And physically? You talked only about her mental state but what about the rest of her body?"