Chapter 12 - Important meetings

A.N: I just want to thank Grammarly bc writing this without it would be a train wreck. I never realized how bad I was at spelling until now and I hate reading Wattpad stories with bad spelling and grammar. It does however love to recommend the American spelling of words which I don't normally use which makes it weird for me to read back lmao. 

Also thought it was important to mention how I'm listening to the fearless re-recordings rn while I'm writing this chapter. Mr. Perfectly fine is on repeat. 

-----------------

Seven stared blankly at Natasha, rage coming over her as she took in what was happening. Somehow she was connected to them and that was very bad. What if they knew she was here? What if they were coming for her? Would she have to go back there?

Seven raised her hand and pointed at Natasha accusingly, the other avengers stared at her confused.

"You" Seven muttered shakily

"You're the black widow?" She was confused and hurt, all she wanted to do was break down and she knew from her childhood that crying wasn't acceptable but that didn't stop a single tear from escaping her eyes and trickling down her cheek 

Natasha didn't know what to say, she was unsure what had triggered this reaction but before she had a chance to speak, Seven carried on, her voice getting louder.

"I can't believe this, all my life I was stuck there and they were just trying to make me into you"

Seven suddenly lunged at Natasha, her emotions overcoming her and the team scrambled to grab her before anything happened. Natasha stood there unmoving and hurt, she didn't know what had happened in the last ten minutes to make Seven react that way but she had never expected Seven to try and attack her.

Seven struggled in Steve's grip, she was surprisingly strong for a malnourished fourteen-year-old and he was almost failing to restrain her due to her hysteria.  

"Let me go" She carried on punching Steve's arms, trying to break free, her voice a mix of anger and sadness.

"It's all your fault!" She yelled at Natasha and then proceeded to reach down to her waist and pull up her hoodie to reveal her hip. On her side, there was a small black spider with the words "Widow - Subject Seven" branded into her skin underneath it. The team gasped and Natasha visibly recoiled, stepping back in shock. 

Wanda reached out to pull Natasha away from the situation but Natasha shrugged her off, her eyes never leaving the teenager in front of her and she carried on standing there, staring at the struggling girl. She couldn't believe what she was seeing, the branding read "Widow - subject seven" which meant it obviously had something to do with her.  

Seven stopped struggling and stood completely still, confusing the avengers as she looked like she was focusing on something but they didn't know what she was looking at. 

Peter quickly realized what she was doing as soon as Natasha started wincing in pain and he ran over to where she and Steve stood, grasping her hand. 

"Ven, you need to stop this" He pleaded, but she still didn't look at him, and Natasha was still groaning, holding her head in her hands.

"Seven! Stop" He yelled and she finally snapped out of her daze, looking at Peter confused before looking past him to where Natasha was crumpled on the ground, clearly a result of her losing control.

"I- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" She cried. She had done exactly what she had promised herself she would never do and now people were getting hurt.

you're a monster Seven