035

august 1st, 2020
2:18 pm

THE LAST TIME that Ayoluwa had been this joyful was when Lauryn was born

Just when she thought it wasn't possible, she had found someone she could devote her free time to.

Ayoluwa and Joshua were sitting on the couch with him slumped down against her, his head was in her lap.

Ayoluwa's speaker was playing music but Joshua was more clearly focused on cascading his thumb against her cheek.

He pulled her down into a kiss then began to lightly press her against the cushion.

"Uh, no condoms. Remember?" Ayoluwa said against him.

Joshua kissed his teeth but didn't let go, "Once won't kill us."

Ayoluwa looked at him like he was stupid, "Yeah, that's what happened to Imani. Her 'once won't hurt us' turned out to be Lauryn."

She adjusted herself away from him just as the doorbell rang.

The two straightened in a mix of alarm and confusion.

"What..?" Ayoluwa started to say.

"I don't know. Stay here." Joshua dusted himself off then opened the door to reveal Dior, Shareef and Caleb.

"Hey." Shareef pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Um, hi?" Ayoluwa said.

"Did y'all forget?" Dior strolled into the house, "It's August. Y'all can go."

Ayoluwa was speechless for a second, "Oh, right. Let me just get my clothes. Josh, you have clothes upstairs too right?"

"I-I think so."

The two went upstairs and as soon as they were in the bedroom, Ayoluwa pulled Joshua into the bedroom, "We need to figure out a way to tell them."

Joshua licked his bottom lip in clear contemplation, "Maybe... Maybe it's best to act like this never happened."

Ayoluwa stared at him, not comprehending what was happening, "What?"

"Like hear me out, I'm going to Arizona with Woo in a couple of weeks and then a year or two I'm gonna be going pro. You're basically gonna be a full time mom, us doing anything doesn't make sense. We shouldn't confuse them by telling them what happened." Joshua explained.