Bees

Varian and I sat on the roof of the caravan. "Hey Varian?" I said and he looked over at me. "Yeah?" I took a deep breath and looked up at him. "We never got to finish talking about...about last night." I said and he turned to face me completely silently telling me to fess up. "L-look before I explain anything I just want you to know that I would've gotten you out of there anyways. I-I had already seen myself breaking you out of that jail cell before Rapunzel had even talked to me. A-and I think I'm on Fate's good side right now and I'd really like to keep if that way if I want to work with them in the future." I heard him sigh and he nodded. "Okay. Now tell me the full story." He said and I nodded.

"After the whole...um...incident with the whole, uh, kidnapping the queen Rapunzel invited me to go on a journey with her to follow the black rocks. Way before she had asked me I had been told that someone was going to invite me on a journey and I'd need to accept it. I-I didn't want to leave you there alone. A-and I was really scared that they might have decided to...y-you know." I said looking down at my lap. "I don't think anyone in Corona would resort to that, but the doubt will always be there for me. I just wanted to make sure you were safe, a-and I wanted to be with you. I know you're mad at me for not telling you everything, but you wouldn't have come if I told you." I said biting my lip softly.

I felt fingers on my chin and they gently lifted it up so I stared into soft blue eyes. "You're right. I probably wouldn't have come if you had told me. I also agreed to come to protect you. When Death was you, he told me that if I didn't accept your offer that I wouldn't see you again. I'm honestly very happy that you got me out of there. Who knows what might be going through my head if I found out you were leaving on a journey for who knows how long. While I still hate the princess, I don't hate you. In fact, I don't think I ever could. I'm glad you told me everything though. I, as well as some of the others, might not be exactly keen on this agreement you and the princess made, but I'm here to be with you and protect you." Varian said before kissing my cheek softly.

I stared up at him before I pulled him into a tight hug. He hugged me back just as tight. We stayed like that for awhile before we finally pulled away from each other. "You said something about Death telling you that you wouldn't see me again. What does that mean?" I asked tilting my head to the side and Varian shrugged his shoulders. "He kind of just pulled out a scroll and pointed to your name and the day kept changing on it. I'm not sure what it meant though. My mind was hazy during that entire interaction." He said and I nodded. "I'll ask him about it later." I said before leaning my head on his shoulder.

Varian leaned his head on top of mine and I stared out into the road ahead of us. Not too long after we arrived at a house on a hill. We all got off the caravan and made our way to the door. "Alright we're here." The girl I now know as Vex said. Rapunzel knocked on the door and a man opened it slightly.

"Captain Quaid?" Rapunzel asked. "Who's asking?" Rapunzel smiled wide. "It's Rapunzel!" She said only to have the door slammed in her face. "Told you everyone hates you." Vex said. We all watched as Rapunzel turned to face the door again.

"Uh, Captain Quaid?" Rapunzel said before knocking and leaning over to look into the mail slot. "If you don't open this door I will, uh, I'm just gonna keep knocking. And knocking!" She said before pounding her hand on the door causing her to pull it back. "Ow! And when my knuckles start to hurt, I'm just gonna knock with my other hand! You do not want to test the commitment of these knuckles, mister." She said before going to knock again, but the door had already opened. I covered my mouth to hold back my laugh.

The man held up an hour glass and flipped it over. "Three minutes. Not a grain more." He said and Rapunzel gestured us to come inside. I held Varian's hand and pulled him inside. Varian and I looked at everything around the mans house while Rapunzel explained her plan.