25. oh!

OH!

OH!

・゚: * Nora loves Nancy, but the girl is the worst driver.

She's going, like, a hundred over the limit, sending everyone flying at every turn and pothole. As they pull into the Holloway's everyone rushes out of the car, desperate to get away from the death trap.

Nancy and Jonathan lead the group up, and Nancy rings the doorbell multiple times. Once it's clear no one's home, they turn to El, and she swiftly turns her head and unlocks the door.

They file in, looking around. "Tom? Heather?"

"Jesus, it's freezing," Max instinctively huddles into Nora as Nora did the same with her.

They make their way to the living room and a strong smell hits Nora in the face.

"Do you guys smell that?" Nancy turns to the group. They all make their way to the kitchen, where the scent is even stronger.

Nora almost throws up at the sight of half-empty bottles of bleach and gasoline.

"Oh, God. More chemicals," Nancy observes them with furrowed brows.

"Do you think they're guzzling this shit?" Jonathan picks up a can.

"Yeah, either that or they went on one hell of a cleaning spree."

"But last year, Will didn't eat chemicals," Max turns to the boy. ". . .Did you?"

"No," Will shakes his head. "This is something new."

"Mister Clarke. Fifth grade. Posit," Mike starts, looking to the party. "What happens when you mix the chemicals together?"

"You create a new substance," Will nods along with Lucas and Nora.

"What if they're making something?"

"In themselves?" Max seems confused. "I mean, come on, if you drink this crap, it'll kill you."

"Yeah," Lucas nods. "If you're human."

Nancy moves to the dining room where another smell of the food that hadn't been cleaned up a few nights ago sits.

What catches Nora's attention is the red stain on the carpet and the wine bottle lying on the floor. I could get Hawkins on 'Unsolved Mysteries'.

"Blood," Nancy leans down. "Yesterday, Tom had a bandage on his forehead."

Nora spares a glance at her injured hand.