27. feeling fireworks

FEELING FIREWORKS

FEELING FIREWORKS

・゚: * Nora admires the fireworks blasting through the sky with a faint smile on her face.

She's leaning against the kitchen counter, looking out the window of Hopper's cabin while the others talk about a plan in the living room.

"Hey," Max comes up from behind, leaning next to her, also looking out the window.

"Hi," Nora replies, hoping her voice didn't shake.

We were about to kiss. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

"D'you like fireworks?" Max asks turning her head to Nora.

". . . Yeah?" Nora also turns her head, not sure where she's going with this.

"Yeah," Max puts her hands together and demonstrates how a firework explodes. "They go, like, 'pewww.'" The redhead brings her freckled arm around Nora's shoulders and rests it there.

"Very smooth, Mayfield," Nora gives her an mock impressed look.

"I try, Harrington," Max grins and the girls laugh together.

"He said he was building something," El brings the two to their first priority, and they walk to the living room, Max's arm still around Nora. "That it was all for me."

"Building something. . ." Max trails off. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be," Nancy responds.

"Yeah, but he's not building his army to spread," Mike starts.

"He's building it to stop Eleven," Will finishes.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. . . I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Like, royally," Lucas comments.

"He doesn't want that to happen again," Nora almost scoffs. Who knew monsters have superiority complexes?

"Exactly," Mike nods. "The Mind Flayer now knows that El is the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way. . ."

"Game over."

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you," El adds, looking around.

"Yeah, well," Max huffs. "That's nice."

Nancy starts walking towards the window, "do you guys hear that?"