Chapter thirteen

Athanese pov

" if you don't step on them regularly , they will crawl back "

Claude said in a cold chilling tone when we arrived in front of the door and beyond the door sat a pack of full power hungry hyenas.

" Yes , father "

I replied to father and he gently pats my head for encouragement ?

Wow , father's behavior towards me and Athanasia has changed by a large margin. The guards announced our arrival and when we entered the room father walked towards his throne and sat there as I stood at his side. Felix was walking behind me and father with a stoic face.

I didn't know the cute little felix could make a face like that.

The nobles except Roger Alpheus were flabbergasted when they saw me in the state council meeting. It was too coincidental to be honest , the meeting being set at the same when I presented my concept of civil court to Father.

I am glad there is no such thing as civil court because if it existed then i would have to think about something else. A noble I recognized as Duke Callio of Redford house , he raised his hand and spoke

"  I am sorry to interrupt but may I know why is The Prince here in the council ? "

He asked as he smiled. I just kept a emotionless facade similar to that of father because if you show them your weakness they won't hesitate to jump on your back.

" Athanese is here to present his concept of civil court to you all"

Claude said as the nobles widened their eyes in surprise but they composed themselves and waited for me to present my concept to them.

--A small time skip by a lazy writer --

After I was done explaining how the court will function and what kind of issues it will deal with , who will oversee the process of the civil court the nobles well except Roger Alpheus were surprised .Father just hums in acknowledgement and Felix also looked at me with surprised expression

To be honest , I am not even little bit proud at this because it is not even my own original idea and I did thief someone's idea from my past world.

The nobles without question agreed and I have got some at least some authority in hand by myself. Now , I have been given the post to oversee the civil courts and weed out the bribery happening the court system and among the nobles. Well , I am kind of sure that Duke Callio is one of the people that will oppose Father when the time comes.

Third person pov

After the The meeting ended with some formal talks here and there. The nobles did develop a little respect towards the young boy for his intelligence.

After the civil courts were made and introduced to the citizens all around the empire , Athanese had tons of paper piling up on his tables. He could no longer play with Athanasia as much as he used to but Athanasia is a adult mentally so she understood it and spend time with Claude , Felix and mainly Lucas.

Year by year Athanese presented new concept and laws for the government that never got declined due to its usefulness and advantages. Athanese was now seen as the favourable candidate for the throne but he didn't let the fame and power corrupt him.

He would occasionally visit Claude and Athanasia and sometimes visit the Alpheus house to visit jennette because he did promise to meet her. Sometimes lucas would come and spend time in his office and he enjoyed his company.

Now , both Athanasia and Athanese are thirteen and are soon about to have their birthday and debutante ball but Athanese has already made his debut in the society so the main star of this event is Athanasia.