20

DIANE'S POV

"I hate seeing you sad" I said, grabbing her chin with one of my hands and directing her eyes to mine.

Then kiss me," She smirked in a devilish manner.

I pecked her lips again, "Your mom will think something's up, Lou. And as much as I don't want to. I have to go." I said to her, biting my lower lip.

Lou kept her mouth shut and hugged me, "I haven't stopped thinking about you."

"Lou. Why were you crying?" I asked cautiously, seeing how her expression changed almost instantly at the question.

Just a few seconds away she was so eager to look at me and now she was looking away.

"Lou." I pressed.

She let go of my hands, "you have to go, you said so." She replied.

She brushed some brown hairs away from her face and denied to look at me with her beautiful blue eyes. She looked so small in my oversized shirt.

Slowly Lou sat a little farther from me, "I'm not leaving yet. I want to know what caused you to dehydrate like this..." I motioned to her, and the looks she had. The puffy face and eyes, the saddened expression all over her features. It concerned me and I wanted to know what was running through her mind, "Laura, what is it?"

I knew she had a weakness for the sound of her full name coming out of my mouth, and of course I took advantage of that.

"It's stressing me out, Diane."

"Lou." I caught her attention after she mentioned my name, "What's stressing you out?"

"Life, I guess. I just... I cried for no apparent reason. My mom seems less against my lesbianism, but life is kicking me in the ass. I mean, I have you and all, and you mean a lot to me. And at the same time I wish I could go back in time."

"You miss your friend."

"Yeah, I miss my friends." Lou sighed, "I miss being part of a group of people, having someone to trust and to watch The Notebook with. I miss how that felt, and I miss that version of myself almost every day. The only times I don't miss any of that is when I am with you, because you are way more than that, and you make me feel like a less shitty person... But I'm still in high school, even if I don't want to, and you're my attractive English teacher." She ranted.

"Not to mention the fact that I can't get concentrated, I feel low energy for nothing and sometimes I wonder if life is just a big joke and I'm the lamest person ever." She finally breathed after her rant.

I looked at her, remaining worried. I hugged her again, tightly. As I thought of her words, I noticed I was good for her, but I also was a complication. It was my fault she had gotten punished and obviously, I hated being her teacher and I hated that she was my student.

"I'm sorry, Lou. Things are going to get better, I swear. You just have to trust this path, good things will come your way, I'm sure." I caressed her hair.

She sniffled, "I just don't know how to stop this overwhelming feeling."

"Look at me," I said, pulling a little bit away as she made eye contact with me, "You will feel better. That overwhelming feeling will go away, I promise. I know it sucks, babe. It's the worst, but you will keep going and I know you're so strong."

"Thank you," She said sincerely, and I watched a small smile form on her lips.

I smiled back at her, "I know you're still getting over Maya, and this thing with your mom... Allie... me... I know these things are affecting you. You just have a lot on your plate right now, and that's okay. But Lou, please believe me when I tell you things will be okay." I said.