Chapter 5: Changing Rooms

Both of the Demon Slayers watch the boy with yellow to orange hair begged and screamed at a girl to marry him. The boy's sparrow flies over to Tanjiro and lands in the palm of his hand. The bird tweets at him and Tanjiro listens to everything the bird had to say. 

Meanwhile, Y/N decides to end things by coming in between the boy and girl and forcing them apart. "Alright, that's enough!" he announced before tossing Zenitsu off her. 

"HEY!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! THAT GIRL IS MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME AND WE'RE GOING TO GET MARRIED!!!!!" Zenitsu told him. 

Y/N looked at him very confused until the girl comes in and smacks him around. "I already told you!! I'm not in love with you! I just came to check up on you since you were crying while balled up on the side of the road!" she told him. 

"WAIT, YOU MEAN YOU WEREN'T FALLING MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME?!" Zenitsu questioned. 

Y/N was going to let the girl attack him some more, but Tanjiro grabbed her to stop her from causing Zenitsu any more harm. "No, I wasn't falling in love with you!! I have a fiancée!!" she screamed. 

"WHAT?! HOW CAN YOU LIE TO ME LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" 

The girl was even angrier but Tanjiro tells her "why don't you just go and leave us to deal with him?" 

She does exactly that and leaves. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?! I COULD HAVE MARRIED THAT GIRL!!!!" Zenitsu told them. 

"You do realize that girl has a fiancée, right?" Y/N asked him. 

"THAT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!" Zenitsu retorted. "SHE WOULD FELL FOR ME AND THEN LEAVE THE LOSER SHE'S WITH!!!!!!" 

"Hey! Stop!" Tanjiro told him. "You're stressing out your sparrow." 

"DO YOU THINK I CARE?!?!" Zenitsu asked him. 

Tanjiro nearly says something but Y/N asks "hey, aren't you that kid from Final Selection?" 

"What are you talking about Y/N?" Tanjiro asked him. 

"Remember, he's the kid with the yellow to orange hair. The kid who looked terrified the whole time and looked like he wanted to die at the end of it and got a sparrow," Y/N reminded him. 

"Oh yeah," Tanjiro responded. 

"Yeah, and I wished I did die then and there!!" Zenitsu told them. "Every single day I risk my life and I just know that someday I'll die!!" 

"If you keep acting like that, then you will die," Y/N retorted. 

"Huh?" Zenitsu questioned. "What do you mean?" 

"That negative mindset of yours. You treat every battle as if it is your last but you should fight instead of hiding away and crying," Y/N told him. 

"Uh... uh..." 

"Yeah, you should really stop because it's stressing out your sparrow," Tanjiro told him. 

"How do you know that?" Zenitsu asked him. 

"He told me," Tanjiro answered. 

"WHAT?! YOU CAN UNDERSTAND BIRD LANGUAGE?!" Zenitsu questioned him. 

"Jeez, do you always gotta scream?" Y/N inquired. 

"Y/N! Tanjiro! Zenitsu! You all must go to the mansion!! Go down!!" "Yes, go now!!" Tanjiro's and Y/N's crows told them. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID THOSE BIRDS JUST TALK TO US?!" Zenitsu asked while screaming. 

"Yeah, you get used to it after a while," Y/N retorted before walking away.