24

^^^ Highly recommend listening to this when you see the '****'. This is my new comfort Chapter.

// Trigger warning: mentions of physical abuse//

Important!!
The wattpad announcements aren't working properly. What should I do to communicate stuff with y'all? :(

___________________________________________

It's so messed up.

The job was a mistake. All of this, a mistake. Yes I know it's a dream for millions. But dreams require sacrifices. And here, the cost was way too high.

It's not exactly the job too, it was Harry. He fucked me up bad. Real bad. I wonder what would my life be like if I hadn't gone to the concert in Washington. I would be out there living my best life. Getting my degree, applying for jobs, making my own money.

This life is amazing. Was, amazing. I won't lie. But it changed real quick. It was just like at the blink of an eye that the beautiful glass castle just shattered to the ground. And damn, those pieces hurt.

It was just like yesterday I was telling mom that I'm getting my dream job and today I'm a part of the underworld.

They said I basically had two jobs. One of them was kind of explained. The things I hated and never thought would even bring myself to.

The other one was kept confidential and that's what scared me the most. I didn't know what I signed up for.

My immovable body laid at the terrace floor as I stared at the wide sky, my mind creating webs of thousands of thoughts. At this point I didn't care if anyone saw me or whatever. I just needed to be alone and at peace.

I felt at peace when I was among the stars. It felt like they understand. Even with a million hundred miles away, they understand.

It's stupid, really, but that's what I did as a kid when I had to share my pain. I couldn't talk to anyone because my brother would threaten me. So I talked to stars. I felt like someone was listening. And when I had said everything, I remember falling asleep under the open sky. It comforted me so much.

A teardrop rolls down the end of my eye and trails it's way down to my ear and gets absorbed in my hair.

I felt numb at this point. I put on a happy face during the day faking all's fine while it eats me up inside. It's crumbling every existing piece in me and I can't do anything about it. I wish all this would stop for one moment. So I could feel okay again. Don't we all feel that way?

I shut my eyes as my mind travels back to the reality again.

This Zayn guy was way too calm to be working in Underworld. He didn't seem bad though. He was nice to me.

I hear footsteps. I don't move. Because I couldn't. I didn't have the physical and emotional energy to do so.

Slowly it grows closer and I see someone bend over.

Harry.

"Hey.." He says crouching.
I stay quiet.

"Talk to me." He softly touches my hair as I turn away.

"Harry.. I can't do this now.. please.. I'm not okay.." I say tears choking my throat.

"No.. please don't do this.. I'm here for you.. please.. talk to me. You'll feel better." He sits down next to my head.

I stay quiet as I didn't know what to say.

"Are you overwhelmed because of everything?" He questions softly holding my hand.