26. Ship

"You okay?" Hoseok asked as I stumbled on the ground. I held his forearm to stabilize myself.

"Yeah," I mumbled, composing myself. I walked away from him and Namjoon and towards the ship. I grunted as I lifted myself up to climb the wing of the ship. Fortunately, the ship wasn't a very big model. However, I faced a complication when I tried to enter it. The door that had been ripped out when I landed, was no longer accessible externally. It was dropped onto the ship, causing serious destruction to the big metallic vehicle. I turned around to see Namjoon and Hoseok approaching the ship as well. "Namjoon, can you..."

He nodded and raised his hand. He motioned it as such that, what once used to be the door was lifted and placed on the ground beside the ship. I entered the spacious, yet small vehicle. I went straight to the back of the ship and opened one of the cabinets. I was sure that my father had stuffed the cabinets with some of my things.

I froze when I saw what he had put in there. The teddy bear I used to carry around when I was adopted. I watched my adopted mother throw my teddy bear in the trash when I was 16. The teddy bear used to be my comfort, my safe bear. I kept it maintained, I kept it safe, I kept it warm. And then she threw it. It was two days later that my adopted father returned home and was told about the happenings. I remembered the two of them arguing.

I remembered dad's wife threatened to kill herself if my father took my side. That's when I knew that she had manipulated him to win that argument. After that, my father no longer went against her in fear of her acting upon her words. I hated her so much. She had demoralized all my beliefs. She was the one who pushed me into becoming an assassin. She was the one who called those people home that night. I hated her with every ounce of my blood. I felt my emotions bubble up, and the familiar, yet foreign, feeling rose up my throat. I didn't want to cry. I hadn't cried in a long time, I didn't want to do it in front of Namjoon and Hoseok.

I did regret how I treated my father. He may not have been there for me emotionally, but he was one of the people who knew my best. He was the only one I considered family.

"What's that?" Namjoon asked, crouching down beside me. I quickly threw the bear into the cabinet and closed it.

"A teddy bear. I don't know how it got here," I said. Realizing that it was a weak cover-up, I continued. "They probably put it here to mock the criminals of their situation. Seeing how the Queen was, I would believe that."

"Was she that bad?" Hoseok voiced out.

"She kicked a seven year old orphan because she didn't like the flower the child offered," I said, remembering the moment I knew I was going to get rid of the Queen. "She's a horrible person."

"Is that why you don't like royals?" Namjoon asked as I opened another cabinet that had a little bit of food and water.

"That is one of many reasons. I don't like people of high classes," I responded. They had packed stale food. Of course they did. Why did I expect them to pack fresh healthy food? "Let's go to the Carnival. There's nothing here."

You might have been wondering why I was being so interactive with them. No, I wasn't considering accepting them. I was planning. I would leave when they trusted me enough to not do so. I would hide however long it took for me to gain enough resources to leave the planet.

I didn't want to be in a relationship, I wasn't ready for a mate, let alone six of them. I didn't want any of that. I knew that's exactly what they would force me to do. They refused to reject me, thinking that I was just in denial. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Verbal rejection wasn't an option for my kind. There were more complicated ways for us to reject soulmates. Those methods were unguaranteed and dangerous. Dangerous to the point that it had led to the death of the one rejecting in the past. I wasn't scared of death, but I didn't want to die. I didn't need to be in a relationship I didn't want to be in. Moreover, so far, all that my mates had shown me was their controlling nature and their thirst for respect even when they didn't deserve it.

I used to think that I was ready for a mate since I was in a relationship with Lana. But when I met my mates, I couldn't help but resist the bond. At first I refused to believe them when they called me their mate. It wasn't the first time someone claimed to be my mate. But after I came to know that they weren't lying, I was scared. I thought I was ready for a mate. I didn't realize that a relationship with mates was much more complex than a normal relationship.

I didn't want to be forced into a relationship I wasn't ready for, nor did I want. If that was what they were going to make me do, I had no other choice but to reject them.

Even if it ended with my death.