twenty.

"Babes your phone," Jeli tapped Kari as she was focused

"Babes your phone," Jeli tapped Kari as she was focused. It was now February, two weeks after her birthday and she was back into regular Kari mode, studying and sleeping, whether it be at her own dorm or at Mekhi's.

"Oh," she snapped up from her homework when she realized Khi was currently calling her. "Hello?" she answered, setting the phone down on her desk.

"Hey stink stink," he cooed in an annoying voice, making her stifle a laugh.

"Why are you calling me that?" she wondered, she usual only called her siblings that, and her mom when she wanted to be irritating.

"Because you my stink, duh," he said and she shook her head.

"Uh, Ahmad where you at? I hope that's not the fuckin' gym," she raised her eyebrows and he laughed. "I'on see nothing funny,"

"I went to the trainer, baby! I wasn't doing nothing crazy, I promise," he assured her and she just hummed. She was very wary of him working out at the moment, since he clearly didn't know how to do so in moderation when he was hurting. "What you doing right now?" he asked her.

"I'm doing my homework like you should be doing," she smarted.

"I was in study hall before this thank you very much, mean ass," he curled his lip up and she did the exact same face. "Come out with me, I wanna go for a walk,"

"A walk? In February?" she asked. "Can we drive, maybe?"

"Okay, Sakari," he chuckled. "Please be ready in ten,"

"Okay, Mekhi," she mocked his voice, since he never really called her by her first name often.

Once she hung up, she finished up the last few questions on the assignment, and she shut her computer, standing up and stretching. It was probably good she go outside and get some air, she'd been inside all day today doing work. She was suddenly happy she decided at the last minute to drop some of her credits, because she couldn't imagine how swamped she'd be if she went with 18.

Once she was changed out of house clothes, Khi texted her almost immediately, so she said bye to Jelani who was also swamped with work—as her major was in STEM and much more demanding.

"Hey," Kari yawned when she sat in his front seat, and then leaned over to kiss him. "You smell good,"

"Hey," he chuckled. "Thank you, love. How was yo' day? I hope you ate something," he cut his eyes at her and she just cheesed, making him suck his teeth as he drove off in the direction of Chick Fil A.

"I forgot! I been catching up on my work since this morning," she tried to defend.

"Okay that was this morning, its 5:45, Sakari," he fussed. "You better be glad I wasn't wit' yo' ass all day or we honestly would have fought about it,"

"And I would have whooped that ass,"

"Not while you weak and starving," he immediately countered. "Woulda had yo' ass hung upside down by your fuckin ankle,"