30 | Strong

"As I said before, she is weak, she cannot take anymore panic attacks please take an absolute care of her, because next time she might end up in hospital". My eyes are trained on my wife, who is unconscious at the moment and the dose that was given to her would keep her asleep for at least 6 hours.

The doctor stands up from the bed and picks up her things. "Zain" I look up at her and she sighs with pity probably feeling bad for me because I know I look like a homeless person, with my wrinkled shirt and disheveled hair, I don't look like the usual neat Zain Malik.

"I would say, you should show her to a therapist, she needs it" I do not reply, "Think about it" with that she leaves and I sit their thinking about every fucked up thing that is happening in my life.

Gently caressing her head, I stay by her side, with my back resting against the headboard, I sigh and drop my head back. Everybody quietly leaves, leaving me with her.

The silence in the room is calming but my wife lying down in bed looking so pale is just haunting me. I feel so useless, I have never felt this way, not even when a very complicated case comes to me, I some how find a solution, I am always useful to others, but to my wife I am so useless I am not able to help her in anyway that it hurts, she got hurt and I let it happen, she is hurt and I am not able to do anything.

Breathing out I gulp back the salty tears that's forming at the back of my eyes, with the back of my hand I wipe the corner of my eyes.

"Zain" my eyes flicks down and I find Ammi sitting in front of me with a tray of food, her eyes swollen from crying for a long time.

She places the tray on the table and scoots closer to me. Taking my other hand in hers, she rubs it and presses a kiss on my knuckles.

"I am so proud of you my son, you're so strong" she says so quietly, so warmly that I break. I look away when she tears up again.

Her words did effects me, it clenched my heart really hard.

"No use Mamma, I was not able to protect her" the hoarseness in my voice surprises me, I look down at my wife, gently I run my thumb over her brow.

"Stop saying stupid things, you are protecting her, you are so strong for her, she said me last night how lucky she feels that you are her husband, the love in her eyes made me emotional, and I can tell you, you would cry if you hear how great she thinks of you" My mother  looks down at Jannat with loving gaze, my heart drums against my chest. But, last night she didn't know she had miscarriage she thought we were going to be parents.

The way she behaved after knowing the truth just shook me, I didn't know she would react so badly throwing all the things she sees and pushing me away because I lied to her, Ya Allah please, I don't want her to push me again when she wakes up.

Definitely, I will lose myself if she pushes me again.

"I can't lose her Mamma" my eyes blurs and burns with tears "you won't Zain" assuring me she stands and moves towards me, wrapping her arm around my shoulders she pulls me into a hug.

She patiently waits for me to gather my shit and do just that. Letting myself cry one last time.

Because after this only the one who is cause of all this would cry.

........
~11:00 pm~

After changing into something comfortable, I ate the food my mother brought. And excused myself from dinner which they so wanted me to join.

To distract my mind I catch up with my work, completely indulging into it so I don't think about all the other things  my thoughts is taking me towards.