Chapter 34

*Jane's POV*

I messed up, they were not supposed to know about my anxiety, and they re-arranged my notes, did they read them?

I tried to fix the situation but nothing worked, I had nothing nothing to say.

"When did it start?" Ethan asked and my brain was too jumbled to process the situation properly.

"After the accident, it became worse after....." and I couldn't continue.

"After what?" Corey urged worryingly.

"My brother. One day I woke up and he wasn't there, he ran away with all of his clothes and valuable things and didn't even leave a note or a letter. I couldn't reach him and no matter how hard I looked it's like he disappeared into thin air"

When I was done talking, I felt pain but more, I felt anger.

I quickly got up ignoring the screaming pain in all of my body and changed my clothes into gym ones.

"Where are you going?" Brandon asked when he saw me wrapping my hands in small boxing/fighting gloves.

"Something I do when I'm mad" I replied and left.

I walked down the empty halls with long strides to the gym downstairs, heading straight to the punching back.

Just as I punched it as strong as I could the others came in. The bag swung to the sides and a loud clunking of the metal that was holding the punching bag was heard in the quiet gym.

'This isn't enough' I told myself as I punched the bag again, before I knew it, I was throwing numerous punches and kicks to the bag.

My body screamed in pain with each hit, each move but I couldn't stop, none of this is my fault, so why do I have to suffer from it?

Suddenly, I felt someone grab my shoulder and, without even thinking, I punched whoever grabbed me in the face. Once I realized what I did, I gasped and leaned towards Ethan who was on the ground, bleeding from his nose.

"Oh God" I groaned as I kneeled next to him.

"You really know how to throw a punch, huh?" he said smiling.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to punch you" I whispered, wiping the blood on his face as carefully as I could with my shirt.
"You're gonna dirty your shirt princess" he whispered back, smirking.

And that was when I lost it, I cried and leaned into Ethan's chest. Gosh, why am I such a crybaby? Why can't I just live like a normal person? He messed up, but why do I still want him?

I felt Ethan's arms wrap around me and I leaned into his embrace, then, without warning, I slipped into complete darkness.

I woke up to an immense pain in my stomach because I didn't eat anything since the small lunch the day before.

I tried to get up but my body gave out and I slammed into the floor.

Just as my body fell down, everyone bursed into my room, panting heavily like they had just ran from the living room as fast as they could.

"It's okay, I just tripped on my own feet" I lied.

They all looked at each other and then at me.

"Get up then" Beth said.

I knew my body wouldn't be able to do it but I got up nevertheless, my legs were shaking since they couldn't hold me and there was an unbearable pain coming from them, my back and my abs, like I just worked out for 4 days in a row.

I couldn't stand up any longer and just as my body gave out again, I felt strong arms wrap around me. I looked up and was met with Ethan's concerned eyes.

Suddenly, he picked me up and started walking towards the living room. He didn't even pick my up bridal style or on his back, he wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, my face buried into his shoulder.

He laid me down on the couch since even sitting up hurt and brought me food.

"I made it, I know you don't like eating food strangers make, and I didn't put anything you don't like in it" Ethan said looking away.

"Thank you" I whispered as I sadly looked at the plate.

"Well, I guess it's time" Brandon said claping his hands together.

"Time for what?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"For our twin story obviously" Corey replied, smiling beside him.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to!" I quickly said waving my hands in front of my face but I quickly stopped because of the pain the sudden movement caused.

"Nah, it's not as dramatic as Ethan puts it to be, you shared your pain with us and we'll share ours with you, although it's not pain anymore if we're being honest" Brandon commented, shrugging.

"Well, our biological parents has us, obviously, we lived a pretty good life until both our parents got cancer. They couldn't treat it as it was too advanced and it spread all over their body. One day, me and Corey were playing with Ethan in the yard with our parents watching, the ball rolled towards the road and Ethan ran to get it. He didn't see a huge truck coming and just as he was about to get hit, our patents went and wrapped him in their arms, taking the hit instead of him. He left unharmed when both our parents died, both me and Corey were given to our parents' friends and we decided to hide the fact that we were twins because we thought it'd be best if no one knew about this, it was a little hard since we both have heterochromia (when there is a difference in melanin levels in the eyes which caused them to have different colors) it was a little hard"

"You're the worse story teller in the world" I whispered, crying.

They all started laughing except for Ethan who had a sad smile on his face.

"And this asshole won't stop beating himself up over it" Corey said as he smacked Ethan in the back of his head.

"If I didn't run off to the street, they'd still be alive" he replied.

"Yup, just for them to die from liver cancer, what an amazing life they would've lived, full of good old pain" Brandon sarcastically retorted.

"Is there a chance that you might get cancer?" I cautiously asked.

"Nope, they were heavy drinkers their whole life, they drank less after they had us but the damage was already done" Brandon replied, leaning on the couch, arms behind his head.

"It's not like we didn't love them, it's just that we accepted the fact that they're gone and that it would've happened no matter what. They were good people, always helped the ones in need and cared for everyone, we miss them but we believe they're in a better place, not hurting anymore" Corey explained, smiling.

I smiled at them, my heart lighter.

"I wish I had your strength" I whispered, more to myself and to them.

"You do! You're like the most badass person we know! If someone has that strength it's you, stop being beating yourself up over trivial things that don't matter" Beth said, practically yelling.

"They're gonna kick us out because of how loud y'all are!" said Ethan, tackling all of them to the ground.

Soon, we were all laughing and joking, I could get used to this..
-----------------------------------------------------------
So, what do you guys think of this??
I feel like the story is less dramatic than what Ethan described it as because, he blames himself? Idk man it's my story and I don't even know how I got here haha.
Anyways, the next 4~10 chapters are going to be spicy and full of drama so get ready for it!
As for the story, I think there'll be about 20~30 chapters left, so it's almost over (I mean not really I'm just really dramatic) and I just wanna say I had fun writing this! Thank you to everyone who reads this book you push me to write more everyday!

-Alexandra Banger