Chapter 21

Chapter 21

~BOB SAYS THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENTS~

I had awoken to the screaming in my ear. I groan and pick the pillow out from underneath my head and put it on my face to block out sound. I feel little pinches make their way up my thigh, as my eyes shot open, only to be greeted by my mum and the rest of the gang. I sit up in bed and realize I was at my mum’s place, not having a clue in the world of how I got here.

“What the-” I start getting up.

“We wanted to come over to your mum’s house and your fat arse was refusing to wake up so Niall had to carry you to the car and then in here!” Taylor tells me.

I stick my tongue out and rub my eyes. Everyone just looked like big blobs right now.

“So what were you guys doing?” I ask swinging my legs over the bed, stretching my sore muscles.

“Well, we were here last night, and we made cookies, and right now we are making chocolate cupcakes!” Eleanor states.

Everyone else was in their pj’s so I didn’t mind that I was too. Within a blink of an eye, the gang had shuffled out of the room leaving me and my mum.

“How did the dinner go?” My mum asks.

“Well we all still had all of our fingers when we left” I mumble getting off the bed.

She gives me a chuckle “Was it really that bad?”

“He didn’t how old I was mum” I offer with a roll of eyes.

She shakes her head “You have to meet his fiancée, Ashley, she is very sweet”.

“No thanks” I mutter.

“So are you going to be a bridesmaid?” My mum asks excitedly.

“No, I turned him down. Mum I’m not going to have time to go to all the rehearsals, and I don’t want to! Why waste my time with stupid dinner rehearsals and what not” I sigh walking out of the room followed closely with my mother. My mum’s house was quite cute, and spacey. It had a nice warm, homey tinge to it, which I loved. It made me feel little again, it made me feel young.

My mum cracks a smile “You are so impossible, no wonder you don’t have a boyfriend”.

I stick my tongue out and her and let out a bark of laughter.

“So, how’s Lacy doing?” Mum asks once we reached the kitchen. The rest of the gang was going crazy looking for ingredients and mixing things together.

“Great, she had called me a couple of times, but it’s the longest Taylor, Josh and I have gone without seeing her. I miss her” I sigh. My mum had visited me in London a couple of months back, and she had met Lacy. My mum was in love with her, and wanted to adopt her. Mr. and Mrs. Ross gave her permission to be Lacy’s godmother, and my mum was beaming, and smiling from ear to ear. Lacy had that affect on people; I don’t even know what it is, she just makes you feels so alive and special. She makes you realize that you should be happy for what you have because not everyone else does. Poor Lacy suffered her whole life in a hospital. She only goes home once a month. However, she made such a connection with everyone at the hospital, all the nurses, everyone loves her. Whenever you see her walking in the hallways of the hospital, the entire staff would light up, and pick her up, making her giggle. I really do miss her, since I don’t have a younger sister, I always thought of Lacy as one.

My mind came back to reality, and I realized I was just zoning out in the middle of the kitchen. I felt someone bump hips with me and I look up to see Eleanor staring back at me.