We get a train ride from Apollo wait not I meant Fred

Third Person POV

Over the next half hour, Bianca led them through switching trains twice. It took them a bit of time, but they lost the helicopter. 

Unfortunately, when they finally got off the train, they were in an industrial area that was currently serving as the end of the line while the official end of the line underwent renovations. There was nothing there but warehouses and railway tracks.

And snow. Lots of snow. It was much colder now.

They wandered through the railway yard, thinking there might be a passenger train somewhere, but there were just rows and rows of freight cars, most of which were covered in snow, like they hadn't been moved in years.

There was also a homeless man was standing at a trash-can, which was on fire. 

They must have looked pretty pathetic, because he gave them a toothless grin and said, "Y'all need to get warmed up? Come on over!"

They huddled around his fire. Thalia's teeth were chattering. She said, "Well, this is great."

"My feet are frozen," Grover complained.

"Maybe we should contact camp," Percy said. "Chiron..."

"No," Zoë said. "They cannot help us anymore. We must finish this quest ourselves."

"You know," the homeless man said, "you're never completely without friends." His face was grimy and his beard tangled, but his expression seemed kindly. 

There was something familiar about him. 

Jasmine squinted, activating her aura sight, and she noted the faint aura of godliness about him, an aura Jasmine had felt recently.

She suddenly recognized him. She discreetly grudgingly bowed her head slightly in recognition, though none of the others noticed.

Apollo's smile became a little wider when he saw that the daughter of Hades had recognized him.

"You kids need a train going west?" he asked.

"Yes, sir," Percy said. It was strange that he could be respectful to supposed homeless men, and then insult people he knew were gods to their faces. "You know of any?"

The god-in-disguise pointed one greasy hand to a freight train that had not been there before. 

It was gleaming and free of snow, one of those automobile-carrier trains, with steel mesh curtains and a triple-deck of cars inside. The side of the freight train said Sun West Lines.

The sun god failed bad when it cam subtlety.

"That's...convenient," Thalia said. "Thanks, uh..."

She turned to the homeless guy, but he was gone. 

The trash can in front of them was cold and empty, as if he'd taken the flames with them.

An hour later, they were rumbling west. There was no problem about who would drive now, because everyone had their own luxury car. 

Zoë, Bianca and Jasmine were crashed out in a Lexus on the top deck. Thalia had hotwired the radio in a sleek, black Mercedes SLK to pick up the altrock stations in DC. Percy was with her. 

Grover was playing race car driver in another car.

Jasmine's POV

My sisters had fallen asleep while I was playing around with my patronus, when I felt a rush of power enter the car.

Why now? I thought, stopping my patronus and the screech owl disappeared into silver mist.

I frowned. "You shouldn't be here."

That's today's chapter, I updated just as I promised. I hope you have enjoyed it.