11. Astoria

<>
"Everybody has a twisted story."
"But Mum, what if I don't want a twisted one?"
"There is no happy ever after baby, sooner you realize that the easier"

Adelpha's Pov:

3 Weeks Later

I walked to class by myself this morning. Luna had left earlier with Blaise.

My mum always told me that there was never a happy ever after ending, but I think Luna and Blaise will have that.

Harry and Ginny, only time with tell.

Draco and I, it was a mistake from the beginning.

But maybe it wasn't.

Maybe he was my happy ever after my mother never got, because of what my father did.

"Have you seen Draco I need to talk to him." I said out of breath as I ran up to Blaise.

"Um- Adelpha... he's with Astoria right now in the library." Blaise said with a sorry expression.

I felt my palms grow sweaty and my throat feel like it was closing up.

I gave a small head nod and walked away.

Halloween was coming up soon also, and I promised to dress up with Luna. Harry and Hermione still weren't talking to me.

"How was class?" A soft voice yelled behind me.

"Oh good and yours?" I replied awkwardly when I saw it was Hermione who spoke.

"It was ok, look I miss having my bestfriend. I'm sorry for what I did and Harry. Even though it's not my place to apologize for him, I am because I also took part in it. I should've waited for you to come to me, or I should've noticed myself. I shouldn't have pittied you and I'm sorry."

"It's fine, really." I said giving her a fake smile.

"Well I was going to head to the Library, want to join?" She asked with a cheerful smile on her face.

I thought to myself for a moment.

I really didn't want to see them together, but it would give me time to read my mothers diary.

7/24/1971
I watched as he sat in a trance over a book. Funny how you could find yourself utterly consumed by someone you didn't even really know.

"Hello my name is Iris... whats yours?"

I asked him finally getting the courage to ask him and introduce myself.

"What are you reading?" Hermione asked, setting her books to the side.

I looked up from the diary only more intrigued by my mother's past.

"Nothing really." I said with a small laugh as I shut it and looked at her.

"Merlins beard is that Astoria and Draco!" Hermione whispered, but also yelled.

I quickly looked behind me and saw Astoria's lean and tall figure leaned against a book shelf talking to a friend as Draco stood beside her in his usual dark suit with hands in his pockets.