29

Your POV

One Year And Five Months Later ~ January

"Baby!" Fred called out from downstairs.

You rushed to put your heels on, almost slipping and falling face first. "Coming!"

You ran downstairs pulling your hair out of your bun letting your curls fall. Your dress was bouncing up and down with each step.

"You ready to go?" Fred asked impatiently. He looked down at his watch then back at you. "We're going to be late."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. Let's go." You fixed your earrings to make sure the back wouldn't fall off.

He kissed your cheek and hooked his arm with yours. You both walked out to the car where he opened the door for you before running around to the drivers side.

Things have changed over the past year. Fred's store has really skyrocketed. He now owns thirteen stores. His Instagram page has over a million followers making a few models, including you, get noticed. You've been offered job after job. A few shoots here, a few catwalks there. Fred made you get an agent to take care of all the projects you would work on while still working for him. You've dropped your fact checker job giving all your focus to your new career. In return, you yourself have grown a decent follower count. No longer were most of your followers from your ex, but now they were there for you.

In the midst of all this craziness, a new relationship has started. Fred asked you out, which you finally agreed to. There was no longer anyone or anything holding you back. You were a new, changed person. Or that's what it felt like.

On the outside you felt different. Since you were becoming more known in the modeling industry, you had to change your appearance. Your agent, Reign, made you stop wearing your leggings or sweats out in public. She said it wasn't a good way to represent yourself. If you wanted to go out, you had to look nicer. This included actually wearing makeup. Fred really helped in this department. Since he is in the fashion world, he would personally design you clothing or give you tips on what to wear. It's been awhile though, so you knew what to do now.

You still lived in your apartment, but you've been traveling so much for jobs that it's more like you live in your suitcase. It was always a two hour drive when Fred needed you, or it was a plane ride to a different state if someone wanted you to work for them. You always had to pack up and go somewhere. You finally had a job that let you travel, just wasn't what you thought the job was going to be.

Fred was tapping his fingers along the steering wheel while looking at the clock over and over. He was anxious, but it was just a dinner you were headed to.

"Babe, we're only going to be a few minutes late. I don't think they'll give our reservations away so soon." You were trying to calm him down.

"They better not have. I'll have to have a talk with someone if they do."

"There's no need for that. If they did give our table away then we can go to the food trucks they have downtown. I haven't had food from a food truck in so long." The overloaded burritos, the huge burgers, the greasy pizza. The types of food you haven't been allowed to eat in so long because Reign had you on a strict diet and workout routine.

Fred looked at you with disgust. "I am not going to some food truck for some disease infested food. You know how gross that is? What if someone takes a picture of us there? How would we explain that?"

"That we were hungry and wanted food."

"That was a joke right?" He looked back at the road and mumbled, "Wasn't funny if it was."