033. rain

S O R R Y

 xxxiii||rain

xxxiii||rain

"Maria!" James groans as he bangs on the door of her bedroom. It's been a week since their argument and James had — with much difficulty — agreed that he would try to make peace with Maria and be okay with her and Regulus' relationship. Maria and Regulus have been spending more time together in public, half the school now knows about Regulus Black and Maria Potter, it's what everyone seems to be gossiping about. Half of the reason is that they were tired of having to secretly meet on the astronomy tower every night, getting no sleep, and the other half was just to piss James off even more.

"Go away!" Maria yells, flicking through her astronomy book and scribbling down the notes. She hears her brother let out a loud, exasperated groan and hears him slide down the door to sit against it.

"Look, I—you don't need to answer just listen." James tries and Maria stays silent, pausing her homework and James sighs. "I don't care about you and Regulus, I just want you to be careful. Please, I can't bear it if something happens to you again, Mar."

"You promise to not be mad?" Maria says quietly, though loud enough for him to hear through the door and she hears scrambling as he gets up.

"Yes—yeah, absolutely. I can't say I won't do the whole, 'protective big brother thing' but—"

"But that's all, you won't treat him any different to how you'd treat him if he was a muggle-born Hufflepuff?" Maria negotiates and James ponders before nodding and realising she can't see him.

"Yeah." James sighs and Maria quickly opens the door and flings her arms around her brother's shoulders, hugging him tightly and burying her face in his shoulder. "I'm sorry for acting so bad, Mar."

"It's fine." Maria breathes, glad to be friends with her older brother once again.

"Oh, fuck me—you finally sorted?" Sirius groans as the three boys peek out from the corner they were behind and Maria narrows her eyes at them.

"Have you been there the whole conversation?"

"Well, since James starting banging on the door and we wanted to know what was happening." Peter shrugs, hugging Maria, since she wasn't talking to James, she had barely spoken to the three boys also.

"Well, it's good to see you." Remus says sarcastically and Maria rolls her chocolate eyes as embraces her tightly.

"Okay, coming through, move over—" Sirius says, wrapping his arms around Maria's shoulders making her groan into his chest as he almost squashed her. She finally pries herself from Sirius' grasp and the quintet stroll down the stairs into the Gryffindor common room.

"Listen to that bloody rain." Marlene whistles at the sound of the rain thundering into the roof of the castle and Maria sighs as she falls onto the scarlet armchair near the fireplace, Danielle sat with Dorcas and Alice as they gossip about things like Frank Longbottom and the fact that Dorcas kissed Marlene, twice. Lily is sat on the floor on a cushion, leaning on the coffee table to write down her revision for the seventh year's upcoming N.E.W.T's and James sits across from her, resting his chin on his hands that are on the table, just admiring her as she scribbled down her last minute notes. Peter sits with Marlene and they start to talk about the chocolate frog cards they still need and that Marlene would trade Peter her Newt Scamander for one of his Cornelius Agrippa. Sirius slouches on a beanbag near the fire and Remus sits on the sofa next to Maria's chair, flicking through some of his own revision.