Reader x Ace. Promise.

-AN-
WARNING!!!!Major angst! Beware the feels! You have been warned my friends! *sobs silently* Oh yeah, almost forgot.... SPOILERS.

She cradled his body close to her own, completely ignoring the blood that leapt from his wounds and on to herself.

They gazed into each others eyes, one pair filled with a sadness and devastation that only someone fated to lose a lover could hold. The other, burned with a slowly fading light.

It crushed her inside to see the light that once simmered with playful ambition, begin to burn out. It was as if the fire that raged within him had burned out the gasoline the fuelled him forward.

She wished to speak to him, to beg him to stay. Not to leave her alone in this world so filled with anger and treachery. But...the words refused to leave her mouth. It was pointless to breathe these negative words, his death was inevitable. So to fill his last moments with more sadness, was just selfish.

"Ace..." She spoke softly, he smiled in response. It was a weak smile, and he was clearly forcing it. She wrapped one arm around his shoulders, the other brushing hair from his forehead.

"Thank you...." He spoke suddenly. Her eyes widened. "What are you thanking me for, idiot?! I couldn't even protect you from some marines !" She shouted in response, Ace wincing as her shrill voice rang in his ears.

"F-for loving me...." shaking her head rapidly,she let slip the tight grip she had on her tears. "Dont speak of such trivial things in your last moments, Ace.... Loving you was something I did willingly... you don't need to thank me for it, Ace !" She sobbed.

"Don't c-cry... please..." She nodded and retracted a hand to wipe her eyes. "I don't have- a lot of energy left.... so please, listen carefully." Nodding hastily, she leaned closer as to hear his words.

"A- a long time ago... I was told-that because of who my father was... it was a crime- I was born...." With his words, a boiling hot rage swelled within her. And she found she wanted nothing more than to tear whoever said that apart.

"And th-that nothing-good would ever happen to a monster like me... But-when I met y-you... I stopped believing those words..." For a split second,his usual cheeky grin claimed his lips once more.

"Be-cause... you're anything a man... could ask for..." Her bottom lip shook as she tried to contain her sobs, tears flowing like a waterfall from her eyes.

"Idiot... if you don't want me to cry, then don't say something so sentimental." She laughed slightly. He let out a laugh as well, followed swiftly by a pained groan as he coughed blood.

"Heh....s-orry. Also...I-I have a req-uest...." She nodded instantaneously. "Anything, you name it." He sighed with relief, a small wheeze mixing with it. "Promise m-me...You will...J-join my brothers crew..."

Her eyes widened. "You mean....Luffy?" He nodded. "P-please... he'll n-eed you..." She stares into his half lidded, onyx orbs. "What about Marco?" She questioned, looking around for said man.

"H-he's surrounded by th-ose he can mourn w-with..." She nods in understanding,none of the strawhats really knew Ace, so none can mourn for him... where as Luffy...

She heard another cough, that ended in a groan of her name. She looked down to see Ace smiling sadly. She knew he was leaving her now, that smile said it all.

"This is-nt the end... we'll me-et again up th-there someday..." He choked, looking up to the sky.

She nodded and leaned down to kiss his blood stained lips one last time. And as she pulled away, she saw his eyes were closed. A small smile still graced his lips, but there was no air passing them. His chest didn't rise and fall with his sturdy breaths..

He was gone...

She released a deep,shaky breath, before kissing each of his eye lids. This small act she did every night before they went to sleep. And she would do it again one last time, because in the end... he was just sleeping. Except he would never wake up.

She placed her one and only love, gently on the ground before her, and stood on her shaking legs. She instantly felt an arm around her shoulder, and she turned to see Marco looking down at his brothers corpse, clearly fighting back tears.

She wrapped one arm around his waist and leaned into him, trying to silently comfort her close friend.Her brother.

But she knew she couldn't stay here with him for long... She had promises to keep.