Prolouge

⚠️TW- ATTEMPTED SUICIDE⚠️

"sorry kid. without any type of quirk, there's no way you can become a hero"

"just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of a building!"

"not gonna happen kid, sorry"

"i'm so sorry izuku! i wish it were different!"

it's always the same though.

the same words have replayed in izuku midoriya's mind. different phrases from different people. they all say something different, but they mean the same thing.

give up. you're quirkless. you can't pursue your dreams.

those words have lingered in midoriya's mind for too long. he slowly starts to believe them and he starts to give up.

"maybe kachaans right. maybe i can get a quirk if i were reborn"  midoriya tells himself, looking down from the roof he was left alone on. you think after telling a kid they can't pursue their dreams then leaving them on a roof would be stupid right?

midoriya takes in the scene below him. green grass and trees, peaceful sidewalks, busy roads, cars honking and driving, any shop you can think of.

"well what do i have to lose, i guess" midoriya says to himself. he sighs, knowing his next actions are permanent. he takes his book bag off and throws it somewhere on the roof. the zipper busts open and all its contents fly out.

midoriya takes his last breath and feels tears start to run down his face. this is it, he's going to end it all. he closes his eyes and starts to fall.

"i'm sorry"

he feels the wind push against him. for once, he feels free. at peace. all the suffering is going to end and those bullies will get what they wanted. the world will be rid of one quirkless person.

but then midoriya suddenly stops. he doesn't feel like he's falling anymore, but like he's dangling.

he slowly opens his eyes and sees the streets he was about to end his life on. he looks up and sees his arm lifted towards the top of the roof. his eyes slowly trails from his arm to another.

he looks up and makes eye contact with someone. pieces of (h/c) hair fall towards midoriya and they have gray eyes.

well, one gray eye.