"Baby"(Part two) and an explanation!

I hope you like it, and it answers some of those questions, @midpark21 :)

Anyway, enjoy tell me what you think etc...

North's POV:

I've been here for at least a month. The first three days I was so out of it; I don't really remember them. When I woke up properly Luke was sitting there, a cast round his right forearm and his eyes shadowed as he watched me, the girl in the mask nowhere to be seen.

One of my arms still tied to the bed and the bear still watching me. I knew we had already had a conversation when the masked girl was present, yet I could hardly remember it, and this was between me and him.

"So..." he finally asked looking up at me properly. And I had no words to say to him. I knew that I had cried last time we talked, but I had no words for him now. What was I supposed to say to my brother, who I had almost killed?

We ended up just sitting there for hours, in silence, looking at each other. Literally hours. The silence was only broken when two monkeys appeared and came though the bars heading straight for Luke. The silence was broken by me swearing, and Luke telling me off for swearing, like they were his kids and their ears needed protection. Of course, now I know that they are basically his kids, but I didn't know then and I thought they were attacking him. Whatever it was, it broke the tension and we finally talked, not about anything serious, but I reckon it was the most words I have ever said in one go.

Now a month later, my 'cell' or 'bay' as they all call it, has grown to twice the size, the baby doll like masked person keeps bringing me stuff to fix, she hardly says a word and doesn't come near me but each time she stays a touch longer.

Speak of the devil. It's become quite a routine, everyday around two, she installed a clock after the first week, she comes and delivers something else for me to work on.

"Hi North," her soft voice practically whispers, I stare at her, this is the first time she's said my name without hate clouding the tone and she's...

She's not wearing a mask.

I can see her face.

Her tanned heat shaped face, soft smooth skin. Her eyes look enormous in her face, bright green in colour, reminding me slightly of a doll's. They look at me straight on. The anger normally present in them seems to be gone for the moment, replaced with yet more wariness. The urge to call her baby and hold her close arises briefly, then Kayli, my beautiful girl, flits across my mind, the urge changes to one to hit her, then find Luke and beat the s**t out of him. Yet it's not as strong as it has been, in fact every time I see her it lessens. When she speaks, I almost forget that I have a girlfriend already.

"I have a theory, as to why you keep forgetting their names..." she mutters, I look at her hopefully, still shocked that she's not wearing the full-face mask, but very interested. I still keep forgetting their names, unless Luke is in front of me or this girl I can hardly remember his name yet alone any others. "But I need you to come out of here for it to work, so put this on!" She holds out a black ankle cuff. Her hand shaking slightly but she doesn't place it on the floor like she normally does. I take a step forward and she doesn't move, her whole-body tenses. I get within three foot and stop reaching out with the hand that isn't attached to the back wall. It hasn't been untied the whole time I've been here. My left hand stretches out behind me as I reach the max of the restraint. My right hand stretches out and I take the ankle cuff. My fingers very lightly brush hers. She jumps back as I feel a shock travel up my arm.

Touching Kayli, my beautiful girl, never gives me any kind of tingles. Blondie steps right back to the door, still watching me closely. I take a few steps back to give her space, then bend to add the cuff to my right ankle. As soon as it's on she speaks again.