10

George's POV

George and Dream hadn't spoken a word about the night under the stars, or their training incident. It had been over two weeks since then.

Dream continued to train George daily and George was getting better. They still had some heated moments, but nothing as intimate as what they had under the stars. But even that wasn't anything special, just the two of them watching the stars quietly. They hadn't done anything more.

George felt that he'd opened himself up to Dream that night. He didn't like that, but it was too late now.

Dream had stopped asking him to join their cause and George was curious as to why. He had just over a month left to change his mind.

Seeing as he'd been gone for almost a month and hadn't been found already, he didn't think his father was looking for him. Schlatt probably thought George was dead.

George sighed. He was currently in Dream's room on his bed. Dream decided to keep him in his room. George figured it was probably because Dream didn't want him to escape again.

Dream was sleeping on his side facing away from George. George was sitting crisscross and fiddling with the blanket. It was rare that George woke up before Dream, seeing as he enjoyed sleep.

George didn't try to take off Dream's mask anymore. He stopped asking to see it. He'd see it eventually, right? Although he often found himself itching to pull of his mask and see Dream's eyes for the first time. George wanted to see his expressions. He longed to see Dream's smile.

George shook his head to clear his thoughts. He didn't want to see Dream's face. Obsessing over Dream's face was a distraction.

George suddenly became very bored. The sun hadn't risen yet, so he was sitting in the dark. He looked curiously at the window. George quietly got out of the bed and walked to the window. There was a small balcony with a rail outside.

He pulled the window open and slipped out undetected. He wasn't going anywhere, Techno was probably roaming the halls.

So George climbed onto the slope of the roof and laid down. He closed his eyes breathed in. It was peaceful this time of the morning. George let the cool air clear his thoughts. He opened his eyes and watched as the stars slowly slipped back behind their blanket.

The sun peaked over the horizon, shining a soft, morning light on his face. George smiled. Aside from his inevitable death, George liked it at this quiet place in what seemed like the middle of nowhere.

George wondered if Dream ever did things like this. Was Dream the type of person who cared about stuff like laying under the sky and watching the sun?

George realized the answer was yes. Dream was the one who had shown him Tubbo's garden and the sunset. Dream did care about the little things.

George didn't know how he felt about that. He didn't know how he felt about Dream.

He heard the bed inside the room shift.

"George!?" Dream called in a gravelly voice.

George didn't respond. He knew Dream would see the open window and come out.

Sure enough, seconds later, Dream came out and looked around. He saw George laying lazily on the roof and let out a relieved sigh.

"Did you miss me?" George teased.

"I thought you left," was all Dream said.

"I'm not stupid. Even if I could get past Techno, I don't know the way home."

Dream nodded slowly. He wordlessly climbed up and laid beside George.

The moment was similar to when they watched the sunset. The silence created a feeling of calm and openness. George felt like he could say anything and Dream wouldn't judge him. He didn't though.

Instead he asked, "What are we doing today?"

"Sapnap said he found a new recruit," Dream said, "Wilbur wants me and Sapnap to question the recruit and stuff. You get to watch."

"Cool," George hummed.

They fell back into silence. George turned his head and studied the side of Dream's head. His mask covered the majority of his face. His eyes traced the curve of Dream's ear and his ruffled hair. Dream let George observe him, saying nothing. George sighed and turned his head back to the sky.

Dream took a small breath in like he was going to say something, but he seemed to decide against it.

The sun was rising higher by the minute and soon it was fully past the horizon. George sat up and climbed down the roof, Dream followed behind quietly.

After getting ready, George and Dream walked to the common room. They ran into Sapnap.

"Hey Sapnap!" Dream greeted, "Are you ready for the new recruit?"

Sapnap nodded excitedly, "Wilbur has him in the questioning room, wanna head there now?"

Dream nodded and they all started walking.

"I hope the new recruit is super cool! I need a new friend after you replaced me with George," Sapnap joked.

"No one could ever replace me!" Dream joked back.

George quietly watched them bicker. It made him miss Punz for a moment. George shook his head and the trio met with Wilbur by the room with the recruit.

Wilbur's gaze narrowed on George. "Why is he going in with you two?"

"Don't worry Wilbur. The new recruit can show George why joining our cause is the right thing to do. Also, George can see another perspective on the situation," Dream explained.

Wilbur nodded thoughtfully. George hadn't thought about that. He was curious to see how they dealt with new people. Not to mention, it would be helpful to see a different point of view of someone actively wanting to rebel against his father, and technically, against George as well.

"Alright," Wilbur agreed, "the new recruit is in there. He's got some spirit... Sapnap, I think you'll like him."

Sapnap clapped his hands excitedly. "Thank you Wilbur for letting us add another member to our team!"

Wilbur smiled and said his goodbye and good luck as he left to attend some other important thing.

"Let's do this!" Sapnap exclaimed.

He opened the door and the three of them walked in. George saw a friendly, brown-haired, younger looking man. The man smiled from his seat and gave a wave.

"Hi! I'm Karl!"