O N E - E I G H T Y F I V E

♡♡♡

disclaimer; i'm going to pretend the rule of 30 didn't exist at this time as i know both Lilah and Mason would've wanted EVERYONE there so :)

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

August 15th, 2020

"Del." Caroline looks at her daughter as she stands in her silky white dress in front of the large mirror. Her long blonde hair was curled and sitting perfectly on her shoulders, her nails done for the first time in years and her studs had been swapped out for white heels, and she looked beautiful. 

Mason stood in the opposite room with all of his groomsmen, and of course, his best man, AKA, Declan all putting on their tuxes in preparation for what is going to be the best day of Mason's life. His hair was floppy, like she loved it, and he shaved his 'beard' just for her after she said it was itching her whenever they kissed. 

"I'm honestly surprised the two of you aren't getting married at Stamford Bridge in your kits." Ben speaks, making the lads laugh.

"If it were up to me, we would be." Mason jokes, cracking a soft smile as he tied his tie properly. He smoothed the lapel of his blazer down and made sure his corsage was sitting neatly before he turned to look at his mates. With the two of them having so many friends it was hard to choose just a few of them to be groomsmen and bridesmaids so they had the select few by their sides and the rest sitting close to the front.

♡♡♡

"No brainer really." Lilah shrugs.

"But shouldn't you have a maid of honour? I thought it was a girl's job?" Jake questions his sister.

"Well Jake, this is 2020, and guess what, if I want a Man of Honour then I'll have a Man of Honour, is that okay with you?" Lilah asks her brother rather patronisingly, the girl watching him shake his head at her before he sighs.

"I should've been it." Jake shrugs.

"Well looks like Kepa stole your job then didn't he?" Lilah smiles, giving him a soft hug before she looks at Kepa. The curly-haired Spaniard looks at her and smiles, the girl having told him that if he didn't keep his hair in its natural beauty she would sue him, and he took it a little too seriously, but either way, she loved it.

In some way, Kepa saw Lilah as his soulmate, and no, not in the way you're thinking. He knew Lilah and Mason were destined to be, he could tell the second he met her that she was majorly in love with him. He saw her as his 'best friend soulmate', like he felt as though they hit it off so well together because they were meant to be friends. And now here he was, standing with his best friend on her wedding day, proudly taking up the title of 'Man of Honour' as she felt it was only right.