Chapter 1

Y/N POV

"Sweetheart, are you listening?" The woman at the front desk asked, gently tapping her fingers on the stack of papers in front of me.

"Huh? Oh, right. Sorry, I spaced out." I shake my head to get rid of my worrying thoughts. I just transferred to this small town called Johnnyville. It wasn't that bad of a town, honestly. The houses were small but cozy, everyone in the neighborhood was friendly, and mayor Johnny Suh was welcoming.

"Okay. Your classroom number is 376A. If you need any guidance, you can ask the students here. They don't bite." She said.

"Got it. Thanks." I nod my head and walked out of the office. The hallways were crowded with people on their phones walking to their next class. I smiled at a few faces to make a good impression but none smiled back. Rude.

As I was walking, I ran into a tall, blonde-haired boy. "Oh shoot, I didn't see you there. Sorry." He apologized, rubbing his shoulder. "It's fine. It was my fault anyway. Are you okay?" I asked. He chuckled. "I'm alright. Are you okay though? You hit your forehead pretty hard." He brushed my bangs away to check for any injuries. I felt heat rushing up to my cheeks so I pushed his hand away. His eyes widen and he took a step back.

"I-I'm okay. I didn't hit my forehead that hard." I stuttered. The boy tilted his head. "Oh, uh, okay. Well, I'm going to be late for my next class. See you around, I guess." He walks away. I didn't even get his name. Whatever.

After asking a fellow student where classroom 376A was, I finally arrived. I quickly thanked them and walked into my new class. As expected, it was hectic. There were a group of kids in the back blasting music, a few kids in the front studying, and the kids in the middle were on their phones. The door closed with a loud sound, which startled half of the class. Great, all eyes are on me now.

"Uh, hi?" I greeted to break the silence. Everyone just went back to what they're doing. "Not even a 'hi' back? Some world we live in." I mumbled. "Hey, are you the new student?" Some kid in the back shouted. "Yes. Who else would I be?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Assert my dominance," I thought. They laughed. None of them, in particular, caught my eye—except for the tall, ginger who was staring me down.

I raised an eyebrow. "What are you looking at?" I asked, standing up straight. The way he was looking at me was intimidating but I couldn't show that I was intimidated. "What's your name?" He interrogated. "I'm y/n. What's your name?" I spoke confidently.

"Ed. Ed Sheeran."

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

hello fellow sheerios !! author chan is here with an amazing fic. i hope this chapter was decent. it took me a while to write it but i finally finished. well, that's all i have to say for now. don't forget to stream his new single <3 

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘