Chapter 37

Victorias Pov:

We're now back in my car again and on our way to visit Averys brother. She first called her friends and told them everything and after that she texted her brother that we'll be over earlier.

I then put my right hand away from the steering wheel and place it on Averys thigh. She immediately looks over to me and I glance at her with a smirk.

"You can't just do this here.." she mumbles embarrassed, which makes me chuckle.

"I just want to lay my hand somewhere." I answer with a shrug.

I then turn my hand on the back and look at her with a raised eyebrow. She sighs with a smile before laying her hand in mine and intertwining our fingers.

"So..when are we there?" She asks curiously, making me smile.

"In about 20 minutes." I answer while softly caressing her hand with my thumb.

"So..are you excited to see your brother again?" I ask as I squeeze her hand and she nods happily.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him in such a long time. I'm really excited!" Avery replies cheerfully, which makes me smile.

"How old even is he? You've never told me." I ask curiously.

"Oh he's 26. We have a age gap of seven years but he's still like a little kid. He's my best friend." She answers, making me smile.

"You're going to love him! He's basically you just as a guy." She says, which makes me frown.

"So..technically your dating a girl version of your brother." I say and her eyes widen.

"That-Okay that sounded weird! I just mean you two are both so dorky and funny but also can be very mature and serious when it comes to certain things." She explains and I chuckle.

"I'm only teasing you, babe." I tell her before bringing her hand up to my lips and kissing her knuckles.

"Well I guess your brother will like me then?" I say with a small smile.

"Of course he will, you're amazing." Avery responds while returning the smile.

She then scoots a little closer to me and kisses my cheek. She takes a deep breath before laying her head on my shoulder. I kiss her head and then rest my head against hers.

*****

"So..we're here." I say with a deep breath as I park the car.

"Don't be nervous, he'll like you." Avery tells me and I just nod nervously.

We then get out of my car and walk over to the front door. She rings the bell and after a few seconds the door opens.

"Aves, heyy!" Her brother exclaims happily before picking her up and hugging her tightly, making me smile.

"Ahh I missed you!" He says while squeezing her tightly.

"I've missed you too!" She replies as she hugs him back.

"Ohh who's that? Is she your girlfriend?" He asks as they pull away, making me freeze nervously.

"Um..yes, this is Victoria." Avery says while walking over to me and taking my hand.

"Oh it's nice to meet you. I'm Matthew." Her brother says and holds his hand out for me to shake.

"It-It's nice to meet you too." I stutter while taking his hand and shaking it.

"So..where is Bea?" Avery asks and he looks at her.

"Oh she's picking up someone." Matthew answers as he walks into the living room.

"Bea is my fiance, by the way." He says to me with a small smile.

"So..and you two met in college?" He asks when he sits down on the armchair while we sit down on the couch.

"Yeah, we're roommates." I answer as I lay my arm around Avery.

"And they were roommates.." Matthew mumbles to himself, which makes us laugh.

"And what is your major, if I can ask?" He asks while turning to look at me.

"Oh I'm studying medicine. I'm in my last year there and after that I'll go to medical school." I respond with a small smile and he returns it.

"So you want to be a doctor? Wow, that's cool!" He replies, making me smile even more.

"I haven't even thought about that you'll leave after this year.." Avery mutters, which makes me look at her immediately.

"Medical school is only one hour away, I can visit you whenever I want to. And I can always stay with you at the weekends." I tell her while grabbing her hand and she sighs.

"But it won't be the same if I don't see you every day.." she mumbles while looking down at our hands.

"I know, baby, I know. But we'll get through that, okay?" I say and she slowly nods.

"Let's not think about it now. We sill have many months together before that." I continue and she looks up to me with a small smile.

"Yeah, you're right." Avery says before leaning up and softly kissing me.

The bell then suddenly rings, making us pull away. Matthew quickly gets up and rushes over to the door, which makes Avery frown.

Who could this be now?

He then opens the door and a woman walks in, probably his fiance. But after her walk in another woman.

"Mom?"