♛31

Mandy Moriah

"church i want everybody to raise a hand for pastor j

"church i want everybody to raise a hand for pastor j.carter who's made a full recovery." the reverend said making my dad look up smiling standing on his feet.

"may the paster and his beautiful family come down to the alter." he spoke again making everyone look at us smiling clapping their hands speaking words of encouragement.

i felt like i was drifting away from god lately, so i got up and came to church this morning. how ironic my mom dad and sister are here as well. 

how sweet.

"why didn't you take that shit outta your nose before coming up in here." my mom whispered nudging me keeping a smile on her face.

"porque todavía duele." i whispered back. "why would i do that anyways-"

"cause we in church stupid, you the only one with a nose ring in here lookin dumb."tootie whispered making me mug her a little.

"no me acuerdo de preguntarte una mierda." i said making her cut her eyes at me.

"mandy i'll sl-

"both of y'all shut the fuck up." my dad silenced us as we got closer to the alter where the reverend stood waiting to welcome us with open arms.

annnd who, the fu-

imma just relax.

"it's amazing to see such a beautiful family back together again, you all were truly missed" reverend smiled.

i can't wait till this is over with.

sadly abuela had an emergency at the children's hospital she works at and couldn't make it.

i guess i'll just have to sit through this, i should be okay.

"has engordado tanto." my mom said looking down at me as we walked back to our pew making tootie and my dad agree. "what has your grandmother been feeding you?"

can you believe they expect me not to upset about that, they believe insults are jokes.

can't wait till we get out of here

~~
"Manny stop slouching." my mom smacked my arm.

"i'm not-"

"you are though." Tootie commented.

"and you are bald, mr nigga-"i argued

"Manny shut up, i'm not gone tell y'all about that again." my dad said making me frown.

"why are y'all always doing that" in whispered more to myself.

"shhh, escuchar ." my mom snapped her finger at me looking straight ahead.