➴ Chapter Forty-One: Bind ➴

<< Even if we are safe, why are we still binded to the past? >>

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Before We Start: Please tone down the simping. [Name] is canonically still 12 years old, and no, I am not going to be writing an [Name] x Reader. That's selfcest. Calm down and drink some water. Thank you.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Unlike the past few nights, [Name] didn't see Johanna in her dreams.

That she could understand. Her ancestor probably had other things to do, or perhaps her ability wasn't strong enough so that they could constantly stay connected. She would have been fine going back on her dreams and searching through the past for something of use. Maybe not going as far as facing Leuvis again, but she had better control over her dreams.

She should've begun at her safe spot, Grace Field's forest. Particularly the small field where she met Marin, or the large tree that she loved to climb. [Name] had trained her mind to start there, ever since Sidra had taken her music box from her.

So why am I here of all places?

Steel walls gaped around her, reflecting everything without a single blemish in sight. Steel floors grinned up at her, splattered with blood - whose, she didn't know. Steel doors kept her locked in. Steel eyes, no emotion, no nothing within them, stared at her lifelessly. A steel shackle weighed down her hand.

Lambda 7214.

Is this another memory? No, I don't see anyone around me.

A strangled groan came from under her.

She felt skin under her hands, and that shackle seized her fingers and dragged them down. [Name] collapsed onto another person, pushing herself up - only to freeze once she saw her face.

No.

It felt as if she plunged into a bucket of ice water. Frozen, [Name] watched the girl underneath her with horrified eyes.

No. No. No.

Tears welled in her eyes as her breath became uneven.

This can't be happening.

The grey hospital coat reminiscent of Lambda was rumpled and stained with dry blood, phlegm, and other fluids that she didn't recognize. Bulging eyes moved separately from each other, looking in opposite directions at everything in the room, all until they focused on [Name].

This isn't real.

Susie smiled from underneath her strangling hands.

Bile rose in [Name]'s throat, nausea building in her stomach. She tried to wretch her hands from Susie's throat, but they were stuck there as if they were a part of her altogether. [Name] pulled and pulled away, desperately trying to run away - only she was trapped, stuck there forever.

"Mom?" Susie called, tilting her head - but it was nowhere endearing as it used to be. "What's wrong?"

"...up."

"Mom?"

"Shut up." [Name] muttered, her voice barely above a whisper. Despite her cold and distant voice, she cried. Running silently down her face, dripping down into the ground. Her shoulders lost their tension, but her hands still twisted.

"C'mon, don't go all crying on me now."

A voice she hadn't heard in years spoke with mocking playfulness. Susie's malnourished skeleton twisted into a young boy, aquamarine eyes gleaming with contempt.