SIXTEENTH

Late

Late. Seo Eunmi was late. Never in the history of history had Eunmi ever be late before. It was a new feeling. She overslept and was racing against time. The feeling of anxiety and adrenaline all clumped into one. Frankly, she didn't like it.

She practically sprinted to the teachers office to apologize for being late, only to see her fellow classmates and a few others she didn't recognize, bowing in a puddle of apologies.

"Ah, Miss Seo, what can I do for you?" Mr. Han asked, tearing his eyes away students. "Um," Eunmi didn't know why he didn't question why she was late but she didn't care, as long she was marked here today. "What are they doing?"

"Oh- I'm sure it doesn't concern you, but they caused a scene in a karaoke place." once the words left the teacher's mouth, Eunmi felt instantly ashamed. The smile on her face faltered and the feeling of guilt filled her, considering she was also apart of that scene.

"Mr. Han! Help these kids to detention!" the principal called, placing his hands on his hips. Mr. Han stood up, readying himself, when a delivery person came in, flowers in hand.

A series of 'Oooohhhs' and 'Ahhhhs' trailed the room as the delivery person gave the flowers to Mr. Han. "Delivery for Han Joonwoo, from Lim-" loud and awkward laughs erupted from Mr. Han, who took the flowers and anxiously pushed them onto his desk, ushering the delivery person out.

Odd looks were exchanged but Eunmi's mind seemed to have drifted off somewhere else. It wasn't until she met eyes with Seojun. He looked at her strangely, resulting in the two staring at each other. Finally, Eunmi looked away.

"This way to detention students!"

⤿

"It's clear you guys have never been to detention before." Sua said, looking at Suho and Soojin as they calmly wrote 'I'm sorry' multiple times on the lined pieces of paper. Sua then took out a bundle of pens and starting writing.

"Damn. Are y'all like calligrapher's or something?" Taehoon peered at Soojin's precise handwriting, that almost did look like calligraphy.

The door opened, to which everyone turned their head to see Eunmi enter the room. she took a seat at the end of the table and pulled out some lined paper. Without one thought, she began writing at the speed of light.

The atmosphere couldn't have been more awkward. Eunmi's eyes did a brief scan over everyone and she was correct. Everyone seemed a bit uneasy- well except for Seojun. His head was buried into his arms, messy hair falling over his forehead. On his paper, in big letters wrote, 'SORRY IG' .

She tsked, eyes falling back onto her own paper. She continued writing, finishing much quicker than the others. She rose onto her feet, turned in the paper and left the room, without saying a single word.

⤿

Finally, the end of the day arrived. and it couldn't have came sooner. Eunmi turned the corner from the gym, head trailing away from Hera who she dropped off.

Once she turned the corner a body clashed into hers. When she looked up, a small scowl plastered her face.

"How many times am I going to bump into you?"