Sam Wilson

I feel something cool laid across my forehead along with something warm in my left hand. I'm no longer on the hard concreate ground but instead something soft and leather.

I let out a slight groan as my eyes pry open to the bright light of the morning sun. I wince as I lift up my right hand to my head and feel a cold flannel graciously placed there but also soaking up the remains of blood that I assumed was from a large cut.

Before I could even comprehend where I was, I saw a familiar blonde hovering in my eye line looking at me nervously.
"You're going to get wrinkles Rogers." I tell him as I lay back down on the soft pillow that rested under my neck.

I heard a light laugh sound from under his breath as I turn slightly to view his face. He let off a small smile but I could tell how worried he was. He squeezed his hand in mine.
"How do you feel? You took a really bad beating a few hours ago, Nat and I had to pry you out the ruins." He became quieter as he spoke and looked down.

I put myself in his shoes and couldn't imagine how I would feel doing the same for Steve.
"Hey. I'm ok now." I whisper, moving my hand around in his a little to be able to link my pinkie with his. He smiled back up at me after this action.
"I know you are, you just worried me. I've never seen you like that before and I never want to see you like that again." He admitted.

I reach out to caress his face in my palm. He leaned into my touch and kissed the side of my hand lovingly.
"It's ok. I'm here, I'm not going any where." I say softly. He smiles happily at me.

I then decided to sit up, suddenly, uncomfortable in my position. Steve sees my struggle and immediately comes to my aid, placing a hand around my waist to help me sit up before sitting next to me.
He grabs the flannel off my head and holds it still in his hands as he uses the cloth to clean the rest of my wound.
"Do I still look pretty?" I joked.
"Always." He smiled down at me before leaning in to kiss me.

He hesitates just before, brushing his lips with mine making me smile brightly. He soon cups his left hand around my cheek to pull me into him as we passionately kiss. All my worries seem to disappear as I trace my hands around his neck while playing with the ends of his hair.

I finally pull away from him and look at my surroundings. Just then a very familiar man walked in making me smile gratefully.
"Sam." I greet.
"Hey Ali, you ok?" He asks giving me a glass of water.
"Yes I feel a lot better thank you." I say graciously.
"Yeah seems like you got a good nurse." He joked making me laugh slightly.
"Yes definitely so."
"Hey, I'm helping the recovery process." Steve whines making Sam and I laugh louder.
"Sure you are soldier. How are you Sam?" I ask the man still stood in front of me.

"I'm doing great thank you Ali. But shouldn't I be the one asking how you are? I mean you have your own world company looking everywhere for you."
"I know." I sigh.

I look around finally realising a very important member is missing.
"Where's Nat? Is she alright?" I turn to look at Steve.
"She's fine. Perfectly ok, in the shower. She barely got a scratch on her thanks to you." Steve informs me.

I nod in relief knowing she was ok.
"I just wanted to check to see how you were and to tell you I'm making breakfast." Sam smiles.
"Thank you, Sam."

He soon walks back into the kitchen leaving Steve and I alone again. I lean into his embrace which he gladly returns.
"I love you." I say as I stroke up and down the back of his hands.
"I love you too." Steve whispers as he kisses my neck making me sigh peacefully.

We enjoyed our moment together just forgetting about the world and our problems for the time being, until I decided it was time to come to again.
"I'm going to go check on Nat. Don't get up to too much trouble while I'm gone." I smile as I turn around in Steve's arms to gaze at him.
"I won't." He smirks.

I lean in to give him a peck but Steve holds onto my neck to deepen the kiss. I gladly return it, slipping my tongue into his mouth realising just how long it had been since we had a moment like this.

And we decided now would be the best time. While on the run. In a friends house. With an assassin next door.

I smile into the kiss and linger there for a few more seconds before finally pulling away.
"I'm going now." I smirk.
"Then go." Steve smirks back, making me lean in to give him one last quick peck before standing up, now completely healed and walking towards the room Nat was in.

Hey, Steve wasn't a bad recovery nurse after all.

I walk into Sam's spare bedroom to notice Natasha looking sad and thoughtful while drying her hair with a soft towel on the bed.
"You okay?" I ask her as I walk in the room.
"Yeah." She replied quietly seeing my presence.

"What's going on?" I ask knowing something else was up.
"When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore." She admits. I sit on the bed with her and smile at her encouragingly.

I knew how she felt.
"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." I smile making Natasha smile faintly too.
"I owe you." She tells me.
"It's okay." I say shaking my head. She didn't owe me anything.
"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?"
"I would now. And I'm always honest." I tell her.

"Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out their business is practically being run by HYDRA." She tells me making me space out slightly thinking about what I should do. Nothing was coming to mind, I was utterly lost.
"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting." I tell her.

Before we could carry on our conversation. Sam walks into the room.
"I made breakfast. If you guys...eat that sort of thing." He asks seriously making me chuckle.

Soon we are stood around in Sam's kitchen. I'm sat at his dining room table having just ate while Nat is leaning on the counter. Sam is near the fridge and Steve is stood behind me resting his hands on my shoulders.

"So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Nat spoke.
"Pierce." Steve and I state together.
"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Nat continues.

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." I tell them.
"So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat says.
"So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve speaks up.

"The answer is: you don't." Sam drops a file in front of me. I open it up.
"What's this?" Steve asks, leaning down to read over my shoulder.
"Call it a resume." Sam tells us. Nat then picks up a photo of Sam with his para-rescue team.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you." Nat asks him to which Sam nods.
"You didn't say he was a para-rescue." Nat tells Steve and I.
"Is this Riley?" Steve asks taking the photo off Nat.
"Yeah." Sam admits.
"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" I ask him.
"No. These." He turns the file in front of me and my eyebrows shoot up to my head. Sam had a suit with wings. This was so high tech.

"I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve asks surprised.
"I never said pilot." Sam smirks making me smile at him.
"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." I tell him.
"Dude, Captain America and Allison Smith needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam chuckles.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asks.
"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall." Sam sighs.
Steve looks at Nat and I, who shrugs her shoulders.
"Shouldn't be a problem." Steve smiles.
We immediately all get up and get ready to steal the military's classified project The Falcon.