thirty-two.

I stood in the corner of an elevator as it slowly dropped below the ground level, the whirring of the machinery filling the still air

I stood in the corner of an elevator as it slowly dropped below the ground level, the whirring of the machinery filling the still air. I had my hands clasped in front of me as I kept my eyes down, Steve and Tony standing in front of the doors as they kept completely silent. It may have been perfectly easy to get into the compound, except from the fact that there was another lady in the elevator with us, her suspicious eye wandering between Steve and Tony. She didn't say anything as we made our descent, three different buttons lit up on the control panel to indicate which floors it would be stopping at.

I tried to keep my back from touching the wall, my eyes down on the floor as I hoped that the doors would open before the woman could get a good look to Steve's face. Tony started making his way towards the door, turning back towards Steve as he offered a nod of his head. "Good luck on your mission, Captain" Tony said as Steve nodded his head in a silent thanks. "Good luck on your project, doctor" Steve grumbled back as he nodded his head, my face wincing slightly at the unnecessary conversation that could have been skipped, it only drew more of the woman's attention towards us. "You're new here?" she asked as she looked at Steve, angling her face downwards slightly in attempt to see up his cap. "Not exactly" Steve replied, nodding his head curtly as he offered her a small smile, her eyes only shifting towards me as I cowered in the corner.

"You look extremely familiar" she said to me as I stared at her for a moment, a hint of a smile resting on my face as I tried to think of the best lie possible. "Oh you're the lady from the lunch room" I said, putting on the best fake southern accent i could scrounge up as I pushed my shoulders back and slapped the biggest grin on my face. "Always have a tuna salad right?" I asked her, packing my voice with as many sunshine's and rainbows as possible as she smiled back at me with a nod of her head. "Yeah" she replied as I set my hand out in front of me in a hand shake. Steve looked between the pair of us, his emotion hidden by the angle his cap was sitting at on his head.

"Suzie" I introduced, picking the first name I could think of, as I shook her hand with both of himself enthusiastically and for a little bit too long. "Please to finally say hello, I only started working here a couple of months ago and I haven't met many people yet" I babbled with a laugh, shaking my head as I finally let go of her hand, a small awkward chuckle coming from the women. I looked down at the files in her hand, catching the title that was written on the top of one of them as I let my mouth hang open slightly. "Are those the Franklin reports?" I asked her with a fake awe, making her nod her head as she angled them closer to her body.

"They are indeed" she told me as I blinked a few times, keeping my mouth open in shock as I widened my eyes. "You work under Mr Stark?" I asked her, needing to make her think that I had the tiniest idea of what was going on in this building. She nodded her head as she went to open her mouth to say something else, being cut off as i let out a high pitched giggle that made Steve flinch. "Oh my goodness, that must be so exciting" I said, holding my hands out in front of me as the elevator doors dinged open. Steve took a step out the elevator first, turning to corner as I made a small gasp, pointing at the doors as I turned back to the last. "Oh my, this is my floor" i said, quickly stepping out of the elevator as I put my hands on the door to keep them from closing turning back to the lady.