Chapter Two

Cassandra

A large mansion opened up for us a few meters away from the gate. In the center, there was a large fountain with water flowing from the carrying jar of an angel statue at the top to the bottom.

I got out of the car immediately, and a maid approached me, taking my thick jacket. I reluctantly handed it over, feeling the cold to the bone as winter approached, especially since the mansion was in the middle of the forest.

My knees shook due to the attire I was wearing – a simple white knee-length dress, and my long, dark hair flowed down to the middle of my waist.

"Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Evans, to the De Luca's old family manor," a man greeted us.

Looking around, I didn’t see anyone looking weird, but I felt like someone was watching us. Was it just me, or was I paranoid?

"Follow me, please. The master and mistress of the house have been waiting for your arrival," said the man politely.

We followed him, and I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the mansion. The interior was elegant, and the furniture seemed meticulously placed, almost in a golden ratio.

I couldn't help but wonder, 'Are they even richer than Bill Gates? Hahaha, my brain runs alone.'

I refrained from exploring as guards were present in every corner. We reached the spacious living room where a woman and a man stood up upon seeing us. The woman smiled, hugged Mom, and greeted us.

"This must be your daughter? Cassandra. Am I right?" Mom nodded, and the woman continued, "Come here, darling."

I approached, and she complimented me, "You're so adorable, darling. I never thought you were more beautiful in person. Lily, she's amazing. Your daughter is so elegant."

"Thank you, Elizabeth," Mom replied.

We were ushered into the kitchen for dinner, and my amazement continued in the dining room. A massive chandelier hung above the table, and I marveled at the 24 chairs surrounding it.

'Seriously?! How rich are these people?'

As we sat down, Nicolas' mother invited me to sit next to her. Nervous, I nodded, and a maid offered me a drink. Soon, Dad and Nicolas' father joined us, discussing business. Nicolas' mother informed us that Nicolas was on his way, and I hoped he wouldn't come.

Once Nicolas arrived, his presence felt even stronger and darker. I kept my head down, afraid to be seen. His father announced his arrival, and I felt someone sit next to me. I could smell a fragrant and enticing scent.

"You were just right in time, Nico. Meet your future in-laws and your future wife."

Nicolas turned to me, examining me with his dark blue alluring eyes.

"I like her," he declared, and I felt my nervousness increase as I caught a glimpse of his handsome face.
___________

Here's the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment guys.