Please... Don't Leave Me (💛)

Summary: Newt breaks up with Thomas because he believes he deserves better.

Where: The Glade

Words: 1447

(sorry for this loves, it's a sad one only because hurt/comfort is my shit)

TW: Starvation, like one of them starves themself; they don't eat enough.

-----

Thomas has just had a really shitty day so far.

The only thing he was looking forward to was meeting up with Newt in the forest at night like they always did. Those moments were the highlight of his day, and truthfully, the brunet believed he'd never make it without Newt.

Of course, this wasn't always a good thing, with death always right around the corner and Newt could decide that Thomas wasn't worth it and break up. Thomas just hoped that it wasn't any time soon.

He muttered goodbye to Chuck and quicked his pace to the forest. As he pushed aside branches and kicked aside rocks, he thought about how it would be the night he wanted to tell Newt he loves him.

The two have been together for almost three months, and Thomas knew he loved Newt. He loved him more than life itself, which wasn't saying much considering their positions, but it was enough.

The boy reached their spot and his face lit up when he saw Newt. But it slowly fell, when the blond-haired boy wasn't sitting against a tree with a lazy grin but pacing and ringing out his hands.

"Newt?" He asked gently, shoving his hands in his pockets and walking forward. Newt's breath hitched and he looked up with tear-filled eyes.

Thomas panicked. "Newt, babe, what's wrong?" He used one of his hands to cup the taller boy's cheek and wipe away a stray tear, but Newt pulled back.

"I-I'm sorry, Thomas. We can't do this anymore. We're- We're over."

Thomas slowly dropped his hand, defeated. His own tears welled up so fast and immediately tumbled down. "T-Thomas- you o-only call me T-Tommy," Thomas paused when a wave of emotion crashed over his heart and squeezed tightly making his voice crack. "But w-why? I thought-"

Newt cut him off. "I'm sorry." He took his hand and squeezed gently, then wiped away his tears and kissed his cheek before leaving Thomas alone with his painful misery.

"Please... Don't leave me," he whispered brokenly, but it was too late. Newt already left and took his heart with him.

Thomas screamed. He screamed as loud as he could and kept screaming till his throat was raw and he physically couldn't. Thomas fell to his knees, sobbing quietly. "I love you," he sobbed, struggling to get out words. "I fucking l-love you."

Thomas dragged his tired body over to his and Newt's tree and curled up into the tightest ball he could. He raised a shaky finger and traced the letters he and Newt carved into the softwood.

NEWT + TOMMY

They were wonky, and completely uneven, but pretty and brought another wave of emotion and sadness over Thomas. His heart ached- really, really bad.

-----

Thomas wasn't at breakfast when Newt showed up.

Newt bit his lip and took his food tray from Frypan, thanking him quietly and walking over to where Minho, Alby, Chuck, and a few others sat. He sat next to Chuck and across from Minho and tried not to focus on how hurt Thomas looked when he left him.

And shuck- that scream.

"Where's Thomas?" Chuck asked curiously.

"Yeah, thought he'd come in with you," Minho added. This would have been a ton easier if their relationship had been a secret.