carnιvoroυѕ carnιval: parт тwo

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Tʜɪs sʜᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜʀ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏ
Eᴠᴇʀʏ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴅɪsᴍᴀʏ
Sᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Tʜᴇ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ ᴀʀᴇ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀɴɪᴠᴀʟ ᴏғ ғʀᴇᴀᴋs
Cᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏʟᴀғ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀsᴛ ʜᴇ's ʙᴇᴇɴ
Fᴏʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ sᴇᴠᴇʀᴀʟ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs
Tʜᴇ ʟɪᴏɴs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɴᴛᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅs
Aʀᴇ ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ғɪᴇʀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ ɴᴏ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀɴʏ, ᴡᴇʟʟ, ᴡᴇɪʀsᴇ
Jᴜsᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ
Aɴᴅ ɪɴᴄᴏɴᴠᴇɴɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
Asᴋ ᴀɴʏ sᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ, "sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ?''
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴀʏ
Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

THIRD-PERSON POV

Ms. Caliban, a former librarian at an unpleasant academy, finally discovered something she truly loved to do. Being a part of VFD, otherwise known as Volunteer Fire Department, disseminated a feeling of exhilaration and expediency throughout her body, and it certainly was addicting. Locating the kids was her goal, and now that she accomplished that, it was time to move on to the next phase of her plan: get everyone to safety. Quickly, she scrambled farther into the tent with the children following close behind her, fearing the possibility of someone infiltrating without her noticing.

"We have to hurry! Olaf can be back any minute, and we are in the belly of the beast!" she hurried.

"Why are you disguised as a fortune-teller?" Klaus questioned as their friend advised them to sit down.

"A fortune teller is just a librarian with smoke and mirrors," she educated, earning faint chuckles from the children. "I may have lost you at Prufrock Prep, but I never forgot you or your friends. When the Quagmires were kidnapped, I headed to the city to rescue them. That's where I met Jacques Snicket and joined VFD."

"The Volunteer Fire Department." Klaus deduced.

"That's right! They were trying to save the Quagmires, too." Caliban acknowledged. The children and retired librarian continued exchanging information about how VFD almost saved the Quagmires in the vile village to how Jacques could've been right about a survivor. Hastily, they were skimming through The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations. After a while, a new plan was constructed. In the Mortmain mountains, a secret VFD headquarters lingered along with whoever the survivor was.