.28. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ sᴄᴏʀᴇ

Lupin: 3 Min Yoongi: 1 Scotland Yard: 0

The Royal Albert Hall set a new record for attendance as yesterday's recital featuring prodigy piano player Min Yoongi saw a crowd of over five thousand people gathering in the auditorium, while hundreds waited outside in the hopes of snatching last minute tickets to the hottest show in town. And the show did not disappoint, though not necessarily in the most conventional way. Some spectators admitted their fascination for Lupin was partly to blame for their rash purchase of overpriced tickets on the black market, convinced the gentleman thief would pull another stunt during the much-anticipated event. And many left the concert hall believing Lupin did in fact succeed in silencing Min Yoongi's instrument.

But very few expected the pianist to actually retaliate. Indeed, no sooner did Min realize his grand piano had been compromised that he called upon the staff to replace it with any available piano, as long as it was working. Thirty minutes later, concertgoers were gifted with an extemporaneous performance on a regular console piano which, surprisingly, managed to render quite beautifully Min's raw virtuosity.

On a more anecdotal note, rumour has it the Queen herself attended last night's recital incognito and she is said to have expressed her displeasure with the way Scotland Yard has handled the Lupin case so far.

That final sentence was the last straw. Chief Rieken gritted his teeth, trying hard to figure out which emotion he should allow to take over his confused and stressed out self, replaying for the umpteenth time last night's events in his mind.

It had been close to 9:00 PM when a couple of police officers had brought inspector Jeon and reporter Park in. Rieken had thought he was going to die of laughter right then and there. Truth be told, he had derived excessive pleasure from locking them both up in a cell, believing the joke was on them at the time. He had gone home carefree and had enjoyed a most restful night. But as he saw the headlines in the morning, a lump began forming in this throat. He was currently drinking his fourth cup of coffee of the day and was finding it increasingly difficult to swallow.

Jimin, who had been reading the article out loud, threw the paper on the floor in anger. "I can't believe Gibson got to pen this! I was supposed to write this article! I'm the authority on Lupin!" he yelled, understandably upset.

"I'm sorry, Jimin. I really am," said Jungkook for possibly the hundredth time that morning.

"For the last time, Jungkook, I'm not angry with you but at him!" he replied, finger pointing at Rieken who was sitting at his desk, elbows on the table, mechanically rubbing his temples, perhaps in a desperate attempt to wake up from this nightmare which was presently running into overtime.

Somewhere, somehow, something had gone wrong. But what? Yesterday, he had it all under control. What could have possibly turned his world upside down? What clue had he missed? What mistake had he made? Not taking Jungkook seriously when the Lupin story was still mere tittle-tattle was likely his first miscalculation. Yet how could anyone have foreseen the Lupin saga to reach such proportions? Not only was the reputation of Scotland Yard tainted, he now feared for his job.

A rattling noise curtly broke his train of thought.

"Honestly though, for how long are you going to keep us in here?!" growled the reporter, furiously shaking the metal bars of their cage.

"It's no use, Jimin. His pride is hurt and he needs to blame someone for it."

"Be quiet! The both of you! Let me think for a moment." Rieken had got up from his seat and was pointing a quivering finger at the two in custody.