Chapter 8: Trap

Carmen Sandiego POV
I took a deep breath. "Let's do this." Zack and Shadowsan pretend to be my bodyguard, Ivy and Julia as waitress , Devineaux as one of my negotiator and Gray as my partner in crime.

The door opens and there is two people. Mr No Face and a girl. Mr No Face wears a fancy suit whilst the unknown girl wears a dark blue dress.

"Please take a sit" I said. He nods and the girl smile.

Once he sat down, he speaks "I'm impressed". "Wha...what?" I was to focus on them that I forgot about this plan.

"Ah yes, she's a very skillful thief" Gray help back me up. He looks at him "You must be her partner in crime? What's your name?"

Gray put a fake smile "Crackle" "hmm, interesting name choice but let's not get into that".

"Champagne?" Zack suddenly appeared and offer us a drink. "Thank you" I said while taking it. "Would you like some Z?" He spoke. She nods and took a glass and gave it to her.

"Anyway, this is my partner. Code Zero" he introduced her. I took the opportunity to get to know them "What does she do?" "Would you like to tell them?" "Sure" she answered him.

"I'm a hacker, I'm the one who makes sure all the security is down and knows the information of the place. Just in case, there's an emergency escape." That's explain a lot, so she's the one who he's been talking too.

I took a sip before he says "Now. Let's get to business, shall we?"

I snap my fingers signalling to bring the painting. "Here it is." I say while holding it. I passed it to him and he examines it.

"Give me some time" he said.

It took him a few minutes before his done. "Alright, everything checks out."

"So, how would you like to get paid?" He said. It was silence,I nudged Devineaux "Oh yes, um..we take cash."

Both Mr No Face and his partner Code Zero look at each other. "Would you guys be okay if I transfer it?" "Oh yes, we accept that as well."

Once the transfer is done, Gray whisper to me "Now's the time" I nodded. Just when I wanted to give the signal, Mr No Face spoke "Hey Duchess, would you be interested on partnering up?"

I was surprised by the question "On what?"

Harrison POV
She's being careful, I smirk under my mask "I have a huge idea that needs....." Just when I wanted to explain it, I heard something hit the ground.

It was from her negotiater and instantly I recognize it. It's the gas gun that ACME use. Immediately I kick it away, "Looks like we won't be making a deal." knowing their plans I pulled Alex behind me.

At that moment, me and Alex is surrounded. "Give up and we can do this the easy way" Carmen offers.

I chuckled "You really think I won't give a fight?" And immediately I pulled my stun gun out.

She walks up to me "Let's talk" we sit back again.

I hold Alex hand to calm her down. "First, take of the mask." Shit. I thought to myself.

Then I felt Alex secretly tapping my hand with her finger. First I was confused, but than I realized. It's a message.

I managed to decode it quickly, it says 'brace yourself' "Well hurry up?" The Old Japanese man said. 

We immediately jump to back of the couch and Alex pulls out a flashbang "Boom" and I cover my face.

Carmen Sandiego POV
"Boom" I heard and I am blinded by a flash. "Again with the flash grenade!" I heard Devineaux shout.

Alex POV
"Let's go" I immediately drag him. We managed to got away. While we were driving, Harry punches the steering wheel.

"Aaaahhh. They'll regret this!" "What are you going to do?" I ask him. I was worried that he might hurt them "I'm gonna make one of the greatest heist ever"

I blew a sigh of relief. He opens his mask and look at me "What are you so relieved of?" I giggled "I thought you're going to hurt them"

He looks at me in disbelief "Why would I do that, you know I don't do that"

I changed the topic "So what's your big idea?"