4. Wild Wolf

As soon as we stepped foot into the the cabin, Alexei jerked his head to the small room. "In here Penelope." He walked off first. His bare feet were a subtle whisper of noise against the carpet as he disappeared inside.

He spat my name out like a curse, I didn't even have the nerve to reply.

I focused on not letting my gaze drop below his defined shoulder blades.

After they had shifted, I couldn't look either male in the eye since they were in their birthday suits. It didn't help that we were in the middle of the mountains, rather than the Pack which did have articles of clothes strewn around the place for convenience's sake.

Neither man appeared to be bothered by their current state of nudity.

My chest was still pulsing with pain from almost toppling off the cliff, but I gritted my teeth, ignoring the sting that flared with each step I took.

Jamison was a smart man. He avoided my gaze and pretended to look busy perusing through his bag although I knew it was empty since he tugged out all his things onto the coffee table earlier. A small cut tarnished the corner of his lip but other than that, he was perfectly fine.

Alexei on the other hand had a few cuts across his chest from fighting his prey. It couldn't have been marks from the wolf, or he'd already be trembling as the poison overwhelmed his bloodstream. His hands were a bloody mess too, but the man looked completely unaffected by the injuries.

I stepped into the room, closing the door behind me. The little click sounded loud in the heavy silence that filled the room.

In the time that I took to enter the room, Alexei had already tugged on a pair of shorts but had foregone the choice of a shirt. He approached the closet door, yanked it open and reached inside. He shut the door a couple of seconds later, yanking out a green plastic box he tossed onto the mattress. He didn't speak as he unhooked the thick black clamps and rifled through its contents.

"Sit." He ordered through his teeth.

I didn't want to add to his brewing anger and promptly obeyed his command, sitting on the edge of the bed. I literally had one butt cheek on it since I was too apprehensive to relax. I was ready to dart if he really decided to murder me.

"Take off your top." He demanded.

I blinked, "Huh?"

Alexei stopped rummaging through the First Aid case and peered down at me like I had just told him I was pregnant. Those dark lashes moved in a slow blink before he slammed the container closed, throwing it against the wall where it broke in the violent collision.

Man was crazy.

And I was the idiot who locked us up in here.

I instantly stood up, alarmed "What the hell was that?"

"You tell me." The man ignored the bottle of disinfectant that had cracked open by his feet, spilling onto the carpet. His eyes were more animal than human at this point as he drifter closer. I could smell his signature scent of rosemary and mint but with a hint of metallic, reminding me that he had blood on him.

However, he didn't look like he cared. He was glaring down at me, studying my face with so much intensity, I felt uncomfortable by the attention. It irked me off that he was two heads taller, regarding me with twin black eyes his wolf usually wore.

He only stopped moving closer when his chest bumped against mine.

The rhythm of my heart faltered as if sensing the impending peril.