Chapter Nine

Yukine's POV.

"Yukine? Yukine!"

I opened my eyes as fast as i can, sweat dripping down from my face, i can't even control my heartbeat. I swear, i feel like my heart is going to explode. I narrowed my eyes, seeing Jeje beside me. She seems... concerned? I don't know. I sat up from the rocks, feeling something sharp at my back.

So that's why Cenne looked like a hell-spawn.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jeje put her left hand on my back, helping me to sit. I nodded a little,

"No, what's happening?—Wait i swear i saw an explosion! Where's Cenne? Arletha?!" I screamed. I turned my head to my left and right, but i see nothing. not even Cenne's majestic shoes. I grabbed her hand, clutching onto her clothes. Her eyes widened, trying to speak but nothing comes out of her mouth before she holds my hand.

"Wait, no! Yukine, you need to rest, you're in the state of shock right now, you can't think straight!"

what the fuck?

I couldn't stop my heartbeat, as I feel my breath becoming uncontrollable, yet the sweat can't stop flowing from my face. The air became flash like a light, stronger hitting my body, like somehow supporting my feelings. I hold my tears, feeling it became a little blurry.

"No, no, no, no! Arletha and Cenne.. No way!"

"Oh my God, Yukine, stop it! They're fine! What are you talking about?!" Half-Shouting, she grabbed my shoulders, shaking it. I murmured a small "ouch" and the second after she stopped her action. I caressed my shoulders hoping there is no handprint there.

"What do you mean with okay? There was literally an explosion! Tell me, Je, which part of it that is fine?!"

"No, what the fuck?!" She turned her head to me, while walking away from me closer to another big rock.

"Fucking tell me, J!" I scream shouted, ignoring the sharp pain in my back, itching to kill me. I felt the air become a little windy, blowing some strands from my hair. I ignored it, I fucking tried to. But my temper is not something that can bare this situation. I opened my mouth, obviously trying to speak but suddenly I heard someone scream.

"YOU WERE UNCONSCIOUS FOR DAYS."

Wait, ...what?

I felt my heart clutching, the blood on my veins suddenly loose. I took a small breath, all of them are lies? What the fuck? What about the clue that we literally vowed our life to?

"Wait...what?"

"You heard me."

"I...was unconscious for days?"

"Around four days and a half i guess."

I heard a small sigh, feeling a sharp pain in my back, Jeje's eyes turned wide, before helping me walk away from the rock. As the gravity hit me, i shuddered from the law of newton, feeling the low blood pressure in my head.

I narrowed my eyes, a sudden wave in my stomach starting to control my whole body, in a flash, I ran to the nearest bush I can get. Jeje caressed my back, maybe trying to help me to get away from this condition. I coughed a little, before drinking water from a leaf cup that Jeje gave me.

"Thanks, " Jeje nodded a little before putting on a sympathetic face. This is crazy, what the fuck is happening with me? I rested my head on Jeje's shoulder, feeling her hand rubbing my back.

"Yukine, do you trust me?"

I simply nodded, what kind of question is that?. Of course, i've known her for a quite, uh... maybe a year? It doesn't matter. Sure, we're not as close as what we thought, but she can be counted as one of the best. The wind started to become stronger, blowing each leafs from the trees that are near us. I gave a small sigh, hoping Jeje can't hear it. Like it's possible, anyway.