Chapter 79

Ay yuh get it I guess 

Third person pov

One thing had led to another and suddenly everyone was asleep, and Arron wasn't happy.

Finding out she wasn't allowed to see Shikamaru after his match had deeply offended her. Them declaring that he had not actually won was also quite irritating. He had trapped his enemy, yes? If killing were permitted, he could easily have thrown a knife at her throat. Thus, winning. The logic was very flawed in her opinion. Even more flawed was the disservice that stated she was not allowed to go give him a hug to console him on his fake loss. Very much injustice was being committed today. Even more proven by the fact that Trexx had just woken her up, and there were feathers everywhere. Everyone was sleeping, and Shikamaru was very much gone. 

She didn't like being separated from Shikamaru, even now. Arron could do it. She could distract herself in helping the women of the village a building, but that was all because she knew that Shikamaru was okay. There was no unknown element to it. Those days she left were days he was mostly at home training, or out with Choji or his father. Not missing in the middle of some sort of... of crisis! She did not know the word! There was very much violence, and she did not appreciate it. It enraged and worried her greatly. 

"I do not like this." She decided aloud. A kunai flew at her from... somewhere. Trexx's hand was reaching out before it could hit. The weapon bounced off of his shadowy paw rather pathetically, and the ninja who'd thrown it looked rather pale as the hulking beast focused its eyes on him. Arron frowned. Where had Shikamaru gone, and what was happening? An attack, she had already deduced, but why? Everyone was fighting. That wasn't very fun. If an attack was being held against the village, that mean Shikamaru was probably in danger, and so were her friends. What of Shikaku-san, and Yoshino? And the women? And Asuma?

Arron should've felt more nervous. The haze of the genjutsu was still wearing off, even as she kicked Noot awake and shook Mothball back into consciousness. Her eyes scanned the area, trying to figure out what to do. Various fights had broken out in the stands between ninja from the Sand and Sound village, and the Leaf. Fighting was easier than social interaction in Arron's opinion. Something about it was less terrifying, as there was less expectation on you to perform. All you really had to do was survive and go for the other's throat. What were they doing the exact same thing, in theory. Both of you were held to the same standard, with the same goal. No strings attached. Thus, she was willing to fight should she be provoked. Very easy to understand. 

Shikamaru was most definitely gone, and Arron couldn't say she was a massive fan of that. She could panic about it later. Finding him was the priority right now. It shouldn't be too hard. Arron had definitely fine tuned her Shikamaru-finding skills. Wherever he was, she was quite sure she'd be able to track him down. But then there was also the matter of the big purple box on that building. Was that something to worry about? Even if she did find Shikamaru, the village being destroyed wouldn't be very good.

The village had become a home to her. It had taken her in when they really had no reason to. It was the place the Nara's held their sacred forest, and that so many kind people called their home. Shikamaru would be broken if that was taken from him, and so would Shikaku and Yoshino. Asuma as well. That was where the Hokage had been sitting, and Hokage was his father, right? Arron bit the inside of her cheek, glancing down at her shadowy friends. The enemies weren't attacking those who were asleep. That meant she didn't need to worry about Ino and Choji so long as they stayed down. She could send Noot and Mothball up to the box and take Trexx to go find Shikamaru. That seemed quite reasonable. 

"Sun." Trexx stared at the sky. Arron swatted at him in a scolding manner.

"Me and you, Shikamaru." Arron said simply. Ino wasn't awake to correct her grammar, and quite frankly, now wasn't the time to worry about it. "Noot and Mothball, go up to the box and help."