Chapter 21

5 years later

"We're very s-sorry, sir. We made sure to check that file first. Pero n-nagkaroon po ng kaunting problema sa--"

"I don't fucking need your useless explanations. Go pack your things and leave," Trigger coldly said while facing his laptop.

The employee cried with what he said. "Pakiusap s-sir, bigyan n'yo po ako ng isa pang pagkakataon. I won't do the s-same mistake again."

Nag-angat ng tingin ang lalaki sa tauhan. He stood up from his seat with his burning eyes. Muntik pang mahimatay sa takot ang umiiyak na babae nang lumapit siya rito.

He took the vase on the side before letting it fall on the ground, in front his crying employee.

"If I said sorry in that vase, will I able to fix it?" he asked.

Umiling agad ang kaharap.

"Saying sorry means allowing yourself to commit another mistake again. So it's useless after all."

He smirked devilishly. "Now leave my company. I don't want to see your face again."

Tumango ang kaharap bago humahagulhol na tumakbo papalabas ng opisina niya.

Walang pakealam na dumiretsyo si Trigger pabalik sa swivel chair. He gazed at the glass window, a beautiful view embraced his eyes.

A big portrait of a woman caught his attention. Nakadikit ang larawan na 'yon sa pader ng opisina niya. Kahit sinong papasok ay 'yon agad ang makikita.

Trigger smiled bitterly while staring at that portrait. Who wouldn't be amaze of the beauty of this woman?

It's his wife, Miracle, who went missing 5 years ago.

Agad siyang lumapit para muling isuot ang suit. He has to go somewhere else before his meeting starts. As soon as he stepped out from his office, everyone gathered around to bow their heads.

Nilagpasan niya lang ang bawat empleyado na madadaanan niya.

Everyone tried to get his attention, to get promotion, to have a chance to be one of his most trusted employee. But everyone knew how cruel Trigger is as their CEO.

For the past five years, he became ruthless more than who he was. He's now one of the most cruel business men in the whole world, along with his brothers.

Girls tried to get his attention also. But no one dares to try it once again as soon as they step inside his company. Sino bang hindi aatras kung punong-puno ng litrato ng asawa niya ang buong kompanya?

Everyone knew how faithful he is to his wife who went missing. Kahit ilang taon na ang lumipas ay walang ibang pinagbalingan ng atensyon ang lalaki. For them, maybe he hasn't moved on yet.

Miracle could be dead, or alive.

No one knows.

"Good afternoon, sir." His butlers opened the car's door for him.

Trigger's eyes focused on his wrist watch as he sat on the backseat. His personal driver looked at him through the mirror.

"Where to, sir?"

"To the gallery."

"Right away, sir."

He sat comfortably on the seat while staring at the window.

The gallery's 4th anniversary will happen the day after tomorrow and he needs to handle that event.

Kumunot ang noo niya nang tumunog ang tawagan niya, he immediately saw Benedict's name on the screen. He losen up his tie before answering the call.

"What?" Agad na lumukob ang galit sa boses niya.

"Trigger, there's a mild problem in our company right now. I n-need your help. Nahihirapan kami ni Olivia na kausapin si Mr. Delvare."

Trigger flashed an evil smirk. "I thought we talked about this, Benedict? I won't offer you any help in exchange of what I want, right?" he asked with his playful tone.

Benedict's breathe became tense. "Please, Trigger. Help me with this one. I'm afraid he might pull out his son's investment."

"Do everything you have to do to fix your company's mess. Kneel down if you need to, go on. I won't fucking mind. I just gave you three years, Benedict." Binaba niya ang tawag matapos sabihin 'yon.

Hindi niya pa napapatay ang cellphone ay mayroon na namang bagong numerong lumabas sa screen niya.

Trigger clenched his jaw in annoyance. It's Enica who's calling. Hindi niya alam kung anong kailangan nito sa kaniya. He kept on saying that he'll be back in underground after the gallery's anniversary.

"What now?" bungad niya rito.

"Trigger, this is not the right time for you to get mad at me. I have something to tell you," Enica said on the other line.

He rolled his eyes in a manly way. "Nothing's more important to me more than my wife's whereabouts."

"Exactly."

That word invaded his whole system. Napaayos siya ng pagkakaupo nang wala sa oras.

"What did you said?"

"I found Miracle!"

He covered his mouth because of mixed emotions. "Please tell me where. Please, Enica. I'm willing to give you any amount just tell me where she is."

"I'm going to tell you this for free." Napabuntong hininga ang babae sa kabilang linya. "Doctora Haley lied to you when she said that she'll give us updates if ever na mahanap niya si Miracle. But she's lying to us all the time!"

"What do you mean, Enica?" Confusion's evident on his face.

"Miracle was involved in a car accident five years ago, and she's comatose until now. Pero tinawagan ako ni doktora kanina, she said she couldn't take it anymore. Hindi na niya kayang magsinungaling pa sa atin kaya inamin niya na tinatago niya si Miracle. She also said that your wife showed some signs. Puwedeng magising na si Miracle ano mang araw."

Trigger wanted to cry in happiness with what he heard. He's been suffering for five years, trying to find Miracle. Everyone's saying that she's dead pero pinaniwala niya ang sarili na buhay ang asawa niya. Kahit baliw na ang turing ng iba sa kaniya, pilit niyang pinaglalaban na buhay ito.

"Where's Dra. Haley right now?" he asked in a serious tone.

"I'll send the location to you."

Trigger hung up from the call. Agad na bumungad sa kaniya ang address na binigay ni Enica.

He closed his eyes once again.