You/Mary Saotome - Cover

Yumeko's eyes widened in delight as she saw Mary stare at you

Yumeko's eyes widened in delight as she saw Mary stare at you. This had to be the 5th time in the day that she's caught her staring at you.

"Mary?"

Mary reluctantly turns around to look at Yumeko. The mischievous tone in her voice made it sound it sound like she was up to something. From past experiences, she just knew that it wasn't something good.

"What is it Yumeko?"

"I have a question and I want you to be honest when you answer."

The blonde rolls her eyes and nods.

"Maybe. It depends as to what you'll ask."

"Do you like (y/n)?"

"What? Where would you even get that idea? I hate her. She's annoying and I can't stand her. Why would I like (y/n)? Why would you even ask such a dumb question, Yumeko? I think you should stop spending so much time with Ryota. He's making you dumb."

"Oh, don't be so defensive. It was just a silly question and don't be so mean to Ryota. He can't help it. You should be nicer to him."

"I'll be nicer when he gets smarter."

X

Despite Mary's insistence that she hated you, Yumeko knew that she had feelings for you. Mary just so happened to hate showing any kind of attraction to anyone. As her best friend, it was up to her to help her out.

"(y/n)! I wanted to ask you a question."

You hear Yumeko from down the hallway. You stop to let her catch up to you, confused as to why she was talking to you. The two of you would only greet each other but nothing more than that.

"Of course, how can I help you Yumeko?"

"Well my friend, Mary, wants to gamble but she needs someone new to challenge. I was wondering if you wanted to be her opponent. Neither of you will know what kind of game I'll pick so the two of you don't have an unfair advantage."

"I don't know Yumeko. I'm not as good as Mary to gamble. Shouldn't you find someone that can actually challenge her."

Even if you had matched her skill level, you would have still said no. Having feelings for Mary made it impossible for you to think properly when she was around.

"Nonsense! You're the perfect opponent for Mary. I'm not taking no for an answer so meet us after school in our homeroom."

"Yumeko! I don't want to gamble against Mary.."

"Too late!"

She yells back to you before disappearing down the corner. You sigh and head to class, already mentally preparing yourself to make a fool out of yourself in front of Mary.

X

Mary's eyes widened when she spotted you through the classroom window. She turns to Yumeko and pushes her against the wall.