002

You were thirsty. Insanely thirsty. You craved something else, something that wasn't food.

You had done something awful to quench your hunger and you felt like a monster. You had killed and fed on animals. You didn't want to do it, but you couldn't control yourself. You had walked for miles, for days it felt like just leaving trails of dead animals behind. You just couldn't stop. You couldn't stop killing. And you hated yourself for it.

Over the past few days, you couldn't sleep. You felt like the walking dead. All you did was wander around the woods killing and feeding. Hating yourself for your actions and what you had become. You didn't know who you were anymore. You felt different, you didn't feel like yourself. Your head and body ached, and your stomach constantly growled. You haven't showered and your clothes were dirty and torn. Because let's be honest those animals put up a fight. You found yourself being able to move faster. You were getting stronger by the day at least, despite feeling like shit.

Those poor bunnies didn't even see it coming. Poor Bambi too.

"Day 7 or 8... Uh, who knows and I'm still hungry and feel like shit. Where even am I?"

You talk to yourself, because why not. You wander the woods alone. You have to keep yourself entertained somehow. The path was becoming more crowded due to the overgrowth of moss and assorted plants. Even the trees seem to be more abundant than usual. You run your fingers along a tall dark brown tree and spot a tiny inchworm.

"Hey, little buddy come here" you coo.

Don't eat it. Don't eat it.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Unknown POV

"Dude, dude check this shit out. It's another dead animal."

I look up hoping he was listening for once.

"Dude Masky, seriously this is like the 100th dead animal we've come across."

"Yeah, yeah I know you say that every damn time we come across another one. It's the circle of life Hoodie, you act like it's taboo or some shit. Didn't you ever watch The Lion King?"

Masky flicks his cigarette toward the ground and leans back against a tree.

"Okay, look I know that man you don't gotta give me shit about it. Why do you always gotta have a stick up your ass?"

I poke a dead animal with a stick and shoo away the flies that were buzzing around its carcass.

"Besides you know Slender told us to investigate the sudden occurrence of dead animals around the woods. The trail pretty much stops right around here, so the culprit has to be nearby."

I shove my hands in my pockets and start walking forward.

He's always so fucking grumpy with or without his cigarettes and coffee.

I didn't bother to see if Masky was following. I hear a soft voice up ahead. 

A female?

"Day 7 or 8... Uh, who knows and I'm still hungry and feel like shit. Where even am I?"

"Hey, Masky! Over here, there's a girl. She looks rough and dirty as hell. Kinda hot though."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Hey, little buddy come here."

You coo and lean closer.

"Hey."

Wait what? Did the worm just say "Hey"?

"What the hell, did you just say "Hey" to me? Since when do worms talk?"

You lean closer toward the tiny inchworm.

"Hey! Worms don't talk idiot, I was talking to you."

You turn to see an average-height male in a marmalade-colored jacket standing a few feet away from you. Behind him was another male in a chestnut-colored jacket smoking a cigarette. They both had masks on.

"Uh, what the fuck?"

You turn to run but fell back over a branch and land on your ass.

Okay... OW.

"Hey, are you an escaped mental patient or something? Because you thought that worm was talking to you. Also, are you the one who's responsible for the long-ass trail of dead animals by any chance?"

The masked man in the marmalade-colored jacket spoke.

Your eyes widen. You were done for now. Your time has finally come to pay for your sins. Your stomach growls loudly and you feel out of control again.

Oh no, not this again.

Before you knew it, you had lunged forward and attacked the masked man in the marmalade-colored jacket. You could feel his hands gripping at your body in an attempt to get you off of him. But you were stronger and hungry. You rip off his mask and sink your teeth into the soft part of his neck. His blood runs warm down your throat. Your body feels energized and satisfied all at once. The hunger was going away for once. You kept going, you didn't want to stop. He tastes so good... he smells so good.

But you were stopped by a hard object being whacked against the side of your head and everything faded to black.