8

Ashlyn's pov:

Ash watched through the camera as Bucky found Nat's body. She watched as he read the note that she left. She saw as he showed the rest of the Avengers the note. She couldn't hear what they were saying but she could tell by the looks on their faces that she had caught them off guard.

"So what do we do now?" Maya asked as she watched the footage on the camera from behind Ash's shoulder.

"Let's let them make the next move, they still owe me one and a half million dollars." With that, Ash closed the laptop smirking.

Avenger's pov:

The team had taken Nat back to the tower, she was currently laying in the Med-Bay still unconscious. The rest of the team were standing around her arguing about their next plan of action.

"I'm not giving her my money" Tony stated.

"But she beat Nat!" Sam said, exasperated at him.

"I'm not paying a criminal."

"SHE BEAT THE BLACK WIDOW!!"

"I agree with Sam. If we don't pay her, she's going to get angry." Bucky pointed out.

"I'm not giving her a single dollar," Tony huffed.

"We definitely don't want her as any enemy, that's for sure," Steve said looking down at his unconscious friend.

"I'm still not sure how she even managed to beat Nat, is that even possible?" Clint asked as he also looked down at Natasha.

"However she did it, we gotta watch our backs with this one," Sam said.

"Guys, guys, guys, we are the Avengers right?" Tony asked, looking around at all of them. When they all nodded he continued "We can take down a petty thief."

"You're seriously gonna say that after she took down Nat?!" Sam's eyes widened. The team was so engrossed in this debate that they didn't notice Nat slowly waking up.

"So what do we know so far?" Steve asked to try and keep Sam and Tony from killing each other.

"She has blonde hair and blue eyes, around 20 years old, does missions for money, and took down Nat," Clint responded.

"I think we might have to revisit the whole looks thing." Nat choked out as she sat up in the hospital bed.

"Nat! What happened?" Clint asked as he pulled Nat into a hug.

"She's enhanced," Nat said, looking at her team.

"What do you mean enhanced?" Wanda asked.

"She changed her appearance at will and turned invisible. She also had some kind of tech on the palms of her hands that shocked me hard enough to knock me out," Nat responded as she rubbed her eyes.

"Changed her appearance? What did she look like?" Steve asked.

"The girl at the coffee shop, with the dark brown hair and the brown eyes. She was wearing the blue flannel shirt." Nat said looking at Bucky who nodded in recognition.

"Tony, can you pull up the footage from the camera at the coffee shop?" Bucky asked, turning to Tony.

"'Course I can, Cupcake." Bucky rolled his eyes as Tony told JARVIS to pull up the footage. The team watched as the video started playing.

"Stop," Nat told Tony as the girl came into view. JARVIS zoomed in on the girl's face.

"Wait! I know her!" Pietro called out as everyone turned to look at him but he was looking at Wanda.