003

You wake with a splitting headache.

Yeah, no wonder. I got knocked upside the head by that masked man in the chestnut-colored jacket.

You were in a semi-empty room with a single light. You were lying on something soft, yet firm. A mattress? There were no pillows or blankets though. You look around and began to panic.

Where am I? How did I get here? What's going on? Who are those men? Why do they have masks on?

The door opens and the two masked men from earlier come in. You slowly back up against the wall. You didn't know who they were or what they were going to do with you... or to you. And you were hungry again. You just want to go home. But you can't... not anymore.

"So uh you're not gonna try to eat me again are you? We're not gonna hurt you, but we need to know who and what you are and why you left a trail of carcasses in the woods."

The man you had bitten spoke nervously, rubbing the back of his head.

"Okay well, I guess I should introduce myself. You're probably freaked out right now. I'm Hoodie, and this is Masky."

He gestures to the man beside him. Masky grunts, guess that's his way of introducing himself.

"I-I'm Y/N."

You stutter and lick your lips. Your throat was dry, you were so thirsty.

"I um, I'm sorry about the dead animals, I didn't mean to do that."

"How do you not mean to kill a shitload of animals?"

Masky says as he crosses his arms over his chest and leans back against the wall.

"I mean it's hard to explain, I'm not sure what's wrong with me or what's happening to me. All I know is that I have this insatiable hunger and I can't control myself. I'm sorry for biting you Hoodie. The last thing I wanted to do was harm a human being. I already hate myself for killing all those animals, but I was so thirsty and so hungry...."

Masky groans as he walks out of the room. Hoodie moves toward you and crouches down in front of you.

"So are you like a vampire or something?"

"I guess so... I mean my boyfriend, well I guess my ex-boyfriend is one. He bit me and I ran away before he could finish what he started. So maybe I'm still half-human or something like that. I really don't know. Again, I'm really sorry for attacking you like that."

He stands up and shoves his hands in his pockets.

"It's okay just don't do that shit again or I won't stop Masky from killing you next time."

With that being said he leaves the room. Leaving you to sit alone with your thoughts and a splitting headache.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A few hours later the door opens again, but this time it wasn't Masky or Hoodie. It was someone else, but he had a mask on too.

What is it with these people and masks? Is this some kind of cult or some shit?

"Hello." the man spoke.

His voice was deep and calm. He's wearing a dark blue jacket, a dark blue mask with black goo oozing out of the eye sockets, and dark brown hair. He has black gloves on and is holding a black duffel bag.

"H-Hello, who are you?"

You sit up and pull your knees up against your chest. You wait for his answer while you rub the bite mark on your right wrist nervously.

"My name is Eyeless Jack, but you can call me EJ."

He sits down in front of you and begins placing the contents of his bag onto the floor. He rolls up his sleeves, revealing slightly gray skin. You watch him curiously as he finishes placing the contents on the floor.

Medical supplies? Is he a doctor or something?

I'm here to take care of any injuries or wounds you may have. Starting with the one on your wrist that you keep messing with."

You quickly pull your wrist against your chest and shake your head. He sighs and grabs your right arm in a firm grip.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just trying to help you. Now stay still and let me treat this."

You watch as he starts to clean the bite mark and you wince when the alcohol wipe comes in contact with your sensitive skin. He continues to wipe away any dirt and blood.

"How did this happen?"

He asks, still staying focused on the task at hand.

"My ex did that."

You start tearing up. You haven't cried in so long. Why were you crying now in front of a stranger all of the sudden? Was it from the pain, or because you had finally reached your breaking point?

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very horrible experience."

There was a sympathetic tone to his voice.

Yeah no shit, you're telling me.

"It's okay. I mean it's not okay, but I'm still alive."

He slowly wraps your wrist with a white bandage. He stays still for a moment, rubbing his thumb gently across your wrist. He stops and suddenly pulls away. He quietly begins placing the excess medical supplies back into his bag.

"I don't think I have any other injuries besides some scrapes and bruises, but those seem to have healed up pretty well. Just not the bite mark. I'm not sure why, but I don't really understand what's happening to my body either."

He nods his head and closes the bag. He stands up and begins to walk away.

"EJ wait!"

He turns back toward you, waiting for you to speak.

"Thank you."

You give him a small smile.

"You're welcome."

He begins to walk toward the door again.

"EJ! Do you think I could maybe get a change of clothes and a shower?"

He doesn't reply and the door closes again.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

EJ's POV

Seriously? Hoodie made it sound like she was some monster that was going to attack me at first sight. She didn't look like a monster at all. She looked normal. Besides being in need of a shower and fresh clothes.

I make my way through the mansion looking for Jane. That girl asked for a shower and clean clothes. I don't think she would feel comfortable having a male escort her to take a shower or bring her clean clothes. I don't even know what size clothes she wears. Jane would probably know.

Why did I rub her wrist like that? She must think I'm a creep or something. She probably thinks I'm a creep already just by the way I look. What the hell is wrong with me?