Guardian Of Funny Tasting Eggnog

Guardian of Funny Tasting Eggnog

...

Jack was pretty sure eggnog wasn't the only thing in the... well, the eggnog by the time he left the Guardian meeting that day. But he shrugged off the strange feeling building up inside him and made his steady (steady probably wasn't the right word, considering he was swerving and dropping all over the place) way back towards Antarctica (why he hadn't just stayed at the North Pole was irrelevant and unimportant).

He'd only gotten about halfway there when he suddenly switched trajectory, a fantastic idea coming to mind. He barely even noticed the increasing fluctuation of his flying pattern as he made his unsteady way to where he knew Ceres to be.

"There's my favourite autumn seasonal spirit!" he cried as he dropped down before her, stumbling upon landing. And then he started laughing. "Heh, it's funny cause you're the only autumn seasonal spirit."

Ceres looked less than thrilled to see him and opened her mouth to tell him just that, but her irritation turned to confusion as she got a good look at him.

"Are... Are you drunk?" she asked.

"I drunk eggnog," he said brightly, and Ceres was so bemused she didn't even notice the poor grammar.

"Are you sure it was eggnog?"

"It tasted funny."

Ceres resisted the urge to bang her head against a tree. "You noticed it had a funny taste but you kept drinking?"

"I'm the Guardian of Fun. Funny is what I do."

Ceres opened her mouth, paused, closed it, and took a deep, calming breath. "Why did you come here?" she forced herself to ask.

"Cause..." he cut himself off, looking to be in deep thought before his smile increased tenfold. "I don't even know," he laughed.

The added chill to the air brought about by the winter spirit's presence caused some leaves from a nearby tree to let go of their branch; an occurrence that did not go unnoticed by the season's herald.

"Okay," she said, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him into the air. "Let's go find May."

Jack looked ecstatic at the development. "Yay~ She's my favourite spring seasonal spirit!" and then started laughing again.

"You can go mess up her season," Ceres muttered darkly.

...

...

May was not as happy to see Jack and Ceres as Jack was to see her.

"Maaaaay~" he beamed, forcing her into an embrace that could rival North's on the bone-cracking meter.

May looked over his shoulder at the older woman. "What are you two doing here? And Jack if you could let me go it would be appreciated."

"I wasn't sure what to do with him so I brought him to you," Ceres shrugged as Jack set the brunette back on the ground.

"That's not true," Jack said knowingly, ignoring the glare he was receiving and shaking his finger at her. "She said 'you can go mess up her season'."