Chapter Seven

Cassandra

"Sweetheart," Nicolas' mother greeted me when I entered their mansion. She kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly. "I already called your parents and said you're here. I'm happy you're here. I want you to taste some of my dishes; come on," she said as we headed to the kitchen. I turned to Nico, but he just nodded at me and left as well.

I nodded at everything Nico's mother said. Occasionally, I answered, but not for too long. I'm still scared. Yeah, I can't get used to the feeling that I'm always nervous when they're around.

"Darling, are you okay?" She stopped in front of me and stared at me intently. I even looked down because of nervousness and fear. Like I said, I don't know them very well yet.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I answered.

"Are you sure? It seems like you're sick." She scratched my forehead and neck. "You're not hot. Are you in pain? Come on, tell me. What's wrong, Darling?"

"Mrs. De-"

"Call me Mom. Ever since you stepped into our mansion, you've been my daughter. So call me Mom, okay?" I nodded. "Call me, Mom." She touched both my shoulders.

"M-mom," I said softly.

"That's it. It sounds like heaven." She smiled. "Come on, I'll show you something."

When we got to the kitchen, the helpers immediately bowed to Nicolas' mother. I always felt like I was in a palace. The servants moved around and left us there. Nicolas' mother was still smiling as she moved inside. "I'll make a dish, my specialty, and I'm sure you're gonna love it." I approached her and watched her doing magic. She is quick to act and seems to be an expert when it comes to cooking.

Suddenly, a man entered the kitchen. I turned around and felt my heart beat faster again due to nervousness.

The man bowed before speaking. But Nicolas's mother didn't look at the man; she just kept doing what she was doing.

"Madam, they've already started." Elizabeth, Nicolas' mother, stopped mixing what she was cooking and turned off the fire. She removed the apron she was wearing and gave it to the maid who I did not know where it emerged. She left the counter and approached me. "I'm sorry, Darling. I'll cook for you next time. I'm sorry, but I have to leave; I just have something important to do, okay?" I nodded at her. She kissed me on the forehead before leaving. I was left in the kitchen. What am I going to do here?

After a while, the maid returned and continued what they had been doing before. I just went to the living room and waited for Nicolas. Where is he? Not knowing what to do, I opened my phone and played Candy Crush. A few minutes also passed before I caught sight of Nicolas coming down the stairs while he was busy with the phone and the driver earlier, which is Alfred if I'm not mistaken. When they got closer, I got up and was ready to leave when Nicolas signaled to the driver. The driver left.

"Sit down," he commanded me. I just sat down because he also sat right across from me. He's still busy on his phone. "Nicolas, can I go home now?" He quickly glared at me. He didn't even answer.

"Nico-"

"You're staying here."