Chapter Ten

Cassandra

When the maid returned, she brought the coffee and placed it in front of me, just as Nicolas appeared. The maid promptly moved to my side.

"How's your night?" His voice was cold as ice.

"Fine, but I have to go now. I'm just waiting for you so I can say goodbye to you." My answer was straightforward, and I don't know where I drew that confidence.

"You're not going anywhere now, are you?" I looked at him. He sat down at the very end of the table. Immediately, an assistant came to his side and ordered her to get coffee. The maid who had mocked me was even surprised to see me.

"You have clothes in my room. Take a shower, and then we'll leave. We're going somewhere, and don't ask me anything, am I clear?" I sipped my coffee, then nodded slowly.

"You can leave now." He ordered the maid next to me. She immediately complied.

Why so rude? Is he like that with all the helpers?

Nicolas took me to a jewelry store, and not just any jewelry store. It's one of the most popular stores in America, and they own it. What I wondered was why we came here. We didn't go to the displays but went straight to the door. When he opened the door, stairs appeared for us.

He led me inside. As we descended, the long hallway opened up again. Coming to the end, there was a door made of steel. I can't understand why the door looks like that. It's like a safe vault but more perplexing.

Nicolas approached there, then he brought his face closer. A light came out, and it was as if his eyes were being scanned, and I heard the sound, then the light turned green. At the same time with the loud sound, the door opened. Suddenly, thick smoke came out, but soon the surroundings also became clear. Nicolas grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. I was amazed when I saw what was inside. Different types of jewelry and various precious stones. Some were exquisite brooches, necklaces, rings, and earrings with diamonds, emeralds, rock crystal, and topaz. Some were rare gems.

"I got it at auctions, and all of that was worth over a hundred million. I want to introduce you to our family heirloom." He ushered me to the very middle, and there I saw a ring inside thick glass. It had a ruby in it. The beauty of the gems was amazing.

He pressed something to the side, and suddenly the glass rose. I looked at him in astonishment. "I want you to wear it. This is my great-grandmother's engagement ring, as well as Elizabeth's. And now, because you're my fiancée, you can wear it. We have three more days before our wedding. Do you have a place you want to go or visit? Or do you want to do something before that?" I shook my head.

I really have nothing to do except meet my friends today. He nodded seriously, then took the ring. He took my hand and put the ring on my finger. "It suits you." I felt my face heat up. "Elizabeth wants to see you. I'll fetch you later. And I want you ready before I get there; I don't like waiting." I nodded again. I couldn't find a word, afraid that he might get angry if I spoke. I just breathed a sigh of relief when we got out of the store.

He let go of my waist when we were in front of his car. "You can hail a cab on your way home. I have a place to go." He said immediately before getting into his car and leaving me in front of the store.

I frowned in disbelief as I watched Nicolas' car drive away. "What an asshole. He doesn't even have respect for his parents. And he even brought me here, and then he didn't bring me home. Argh!"

I did nothing. I just took a taxi and went home.

--------

Some shit there.

Vote and comment please guys... i love hearing you.