Chapter Eleven

Cassandra

I had just finished changing into some clothes when I heard Mom scream. I hurried down the stairs and immediately saw her at the door, seemingly talking to someone. I approached her. "Mom." She immediately turned to me.

"There you are." I peeked at the door, and I didn't expect the person outside.

Flynn.

"What are you doing here?" I looked at Mom. She just smiled and then left us. "Come in."

He came in, and we went to the living room. Dad was also there, staring intently at the newspaper he was reading. While Mom, I don't know where she went. He sat down in the chair and looked at Dad, who still didn't take his eyes off what he was reading.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Ahh. I just want to apologize for what I did the other day. I didn't know that Nicolas was your fiancé. But I really want you to be my friend, no wicked scheme. I also know that my father and Nicolas are enemies, so I'm afraid of him. My intention of befriending you is pure. I hope you give me a chance." My jaw dropped with what he said. I wasn't expecting that, and he actually came here to say that. Well, he's a good man, and I'm comfortable with him.

"If you're afraid of Nicolas, why are you still approaching my daughter? She is Nicolas' fiancée. Did you know that Nicolas doesn't want other people touching or approaching his belongings? If you're afraid of him, why are you here in our house, in front of my daughter, and asking her to be your friend?" I was shocked by what Dad said. Flynn was also surprised.

"Dad." I muttered.

Dad just looked at me for a moment before looking back at Flynn. "If I were you, get out of here before Nicolas catches up with you."

"Stop it, Dad!" My voice was too loud due to annoyance, but I tried to lower it.

"Run as fast as you can, boy." Dad smirked.

"I'm leaving, Cassy." He even looked at Dad before standing up and hurriedly leaving our house. I followed him, but when I came out of the door, he was already in his car and quickly pulled away in front of our house. I just sighed and went back to the living room.

"Why did you do that?" I immediately asked Dad.

"Obviously, that man likes you. He actually came here to my house just to be friends with you. After all, he can do that outside or at your University. I have to remind you, Cassy. Nicolas is your husband, and you probably know what he doesn't like."

"Dad. He's not yet my husband."

"What's the difference?"

I just sat there, remembering Nicolas' threats and policies towards me.

"Where is our guest?" Dad and I turned to Mom, who was now staring at us in amazement and carrying a drink. "I'm still preparing a drink; I thought he'd be here for a while." Mom placed the drink on the center table and sat down next to me.

"Nicolas called me and said he would pick you up. Where are you going? Date?" She teased. "That's good, honey. After all, your wedding is coming up; you should always date."

"It's not a date, mom. Nicolas' mom just invited me to have dinner with them because the previous plan didn't work out."

"OH MY GOSH!" I was surprised when Mom suddenly grabbed my left arm and lifted it.

"It's beautiful." She said in amazement.

"Mom." She looked at me.

"What?"

"I'm scared of this whole thing. It doesn't seem right. I'm always scared when I step on the land of the De Lucas."

"Don't be, sweetheart. They're good people. They won't hurt you." Mom said while rubbing my back.

"Your mom is right. They won't hurt you." Dad even nodded after he spoke.

"Don't think about those things. All you should be thinking about is your impending marriage." I nodded at him then smiled hard. "I'm going to go upstairs. I need to get ready for Nicolas to come." Mom just nodded.

I went upstairs and headed for the room. When I closed the door, I was still leaning there. I need to be strong. I don't know what my life will be like once Nicolas and I get married. Now that we are not even married, I feel so much fear and anxiety; what if we get married, and I live in their house? The vibes of their house are still horror. Except for those who live because the race is good.

I just shook my head and went straight to the bathroom. Later, I will enter the De Luca mansion again with a very cold and scary feeling.